The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogging predicted to peak in 2007

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Just about anyone can try predict almost anything if they really want to. Their prediction may or may not come true.

Analysts with Gartner have said that the blogging phenomenon will peak in 2007.

According to Gartner analysts blogs will level out at about 100 million during the middle of 2007.

Gartner says that approximately 200 million people have already stopped writing their blogs.

The reason given is that most people who would ever start a blog have already done so. Yes, that is really what they said.

A Gartner analyst went on to say "Those who loved blogging were committed to keeping it up, while others had become bored and moved on."

Here is a link to an article about this, and it contains more details http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6178611.stm

Let's revisit on 2008

I'd like to come back in 2008 and revisit this thread. I personally don't think they are right. Maybe blogging may change into something else that they cannot predict, but the concept of blogging and personal publishing will continue. IMHO.

That prediction really caught my attention. They might be right. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to see if they are right or wrong based upon the reasons that were given.

Some predictions are very interesting when you look back on them. It was about 2 years ago that Bill Gates predicted that spam would be eliminated in 2 years.

MI
Back