The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bloggers Block - What to do?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I ALWAYS blog every weekday morning and won't let myself eat breakfast until after I blog. Could not blog today. My carpal is killing me. Still need to use one of my bad hands to point the mouse but figured out a way to mouse click with my foot using another mouse. It's hard to get used to though.

I always love to blog, but today I have too many other things to do, with 4 new clients coming on board. I guess no one will notice if I skip a day. The boss won't fire me - she's too easy! :p

What do you do when you have bloggers block and either can't think of anything to blog about or don't feel like blogging???

I know - I need some guest bloggers!

When I dnt feel like doing something I dont do it, plain and simple :p But when I do feel like blogging and cant really think of anything i go look for at articles, or check my email Im on everyones list it seems so theres usually something that lights a fire and helps me to get blogging. I'm not a prolific writer.... But when it does strike me I post it, then go back later and edit it for keywords and to feed spiders. I personally find it hard to write for the SE's and the humans that visit my blog. Anyone got tips on how to do this so it doesnt look just crazy....

Linda Buquet said:
My carpal is killing me. Still need to use one of my bad hands to point the mouse but figured out a way to mouse click with my foot using another mouse. It's hard to get used to though.

One thing that might help this problem is to change the input devices (keyboard/mouse) that you use. The ergonomic keyboard I use (http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=296) has a built in touch pad below the space bar. The ergonomic key board allows the wrist to remain straight taking pressure off of the carpals. The built in touch pad allows one to move the cursor by moving a finger instead of the wrist (as is required with a mouse and those finger movements can be tuned to about 1/2 inch of movement. Best of all the touch pad is in a very convienient location.

If I use a regular mouse for as little as a week, I start to get wrist pain and my right hand gets cold. I'm able to use my keyboard with touch pad all day long every day year in and year out with the most god awful body posture with no hand or wrist pain.

It will take about two weeks to get used to the new keyboard but once you do, you'll never want to go back.

Here are some tips for using the touch pad:
1) slide the finger for long cursor movements and roll the finger for short/percise cursor movements (this is the most important tip).

2) Don't use the USB adaptor. The keyboard/touch pad work much better via the PS/2 port as you can use Adesso's mouse driver and not Microsoft's drivers which can not accelerate the mouse fast enough.

3) As you get used to the touch pad, accelerate the speed and sensitivity of the touch pad via the mouse options in the control panel. The faster the coursor accelerates the less finger movement that is required. I have my cursor set to accelerate so fast that I can move from corner to corner on my 1024x768 desktop with about a 1/2" finger movement. It will drive others nuts, but once you get used to such a sensitive cursor, you'll come to love it.

I think you will find that in time as you get used to a more ergonomic keyboard/pointing device you will have much less pain in your wrists. The traditional mouse is an ergonomic nightmare.

Linda Buquet said:
Oh thanks Ken!!!

I'm OK with typing, it's mousing that kills me.

The key is to keep the wrist straight with the forearm. While typing doesn't place a lot of stress on a wrist, the ergonomic keyboards with a palm rest can help keep the wrist straighter this in turn reduces wrist stress.

One beauty to a keyboard and touch pad combo is that the keyboard can then be placed in the lap. This allows one to get further away from the monitor and helps improve overall body position as shoulders can be relaxed. Also I find that I tend to use the touch pad using either hand equally. Sometimes there isn't much rhyme or reason as to which hand I use to control the touch pad at any moment in time.

Linda Buquet said:
What do you do when you have bloggers block and either can't think of anything to blog about or don't feel like blogging???

I know - I need some guest bloggers!

I thought I would chip in - I find it helps when you put some structure around blogging, for example, developing an informal editorial schedule, with a theme or focus on a weekly or monthly basis. If you develop a few months worth of posts in advance for your foundation and sprinkle in topical posts to keep it current, it doesn"t become a burden overall!

Works for me, that is for sure!

Susan Arts said:
I thought I would chip in - I find it helps when you put some structure around blogging, for example, developing an informal editorial schedule, with a theme or focus on a weekly or monthly basis. If you develop a few months worth of posts in advance for your foundation and sprinkle in topical posts to keep it current, it doesn"t become a burden overall!

Works for me, that is for sure!
I agree, I normally make notes of what I want to write about, but don't have time to do so ... so when I have time, I have a list of stuff to blog about.

I foind lately anyways what has been helping me when I think I have nothing to blog about is to keep with the theme for the week. Ive been picking a theme for each week and blogging about the theme. Kinda keeps some focus and prevents me from getting all distracted !!! well it works for me, others might want to try the same too. If you do dont forget to pay me for the advice !!! :p

Good points all!

I didn't blog yesterday and have not blogged yet today. Just can't think of or find anything I think is that newsworthy. I try not to blog just for the sake of blogging and try not to use fluff filler. But today may need to.

HMMMMMM off to blog about something. Lets see what I can pull out of the hat!

new tool

I tried the new tool and it seems great. I'll use it for my next articles - I hope that I'll get the expected results, as other tools I tried proved not so efficient.

banners
Back