The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blogger Vs. Regular Site Hosted by Godaddy

bigcat1967

I am thinking about using blogger as my next site - much easier to setup things - and I have a lot of content to put out there.

Couple things do concern me though. I'm used to building websites (I usually use templates and then modify the HTML) where I can modify the alt attribute off the imgage tag, modify the title tags as well as the meta description tag and other things where it becomes very important for on-site optimization. Basically, I'm free to use HTML to the max.

However, with Blogger, I haven't used it that much. I do believe you can alter the title tag, but not quite sure if you can alter anyother HTML at all.

With creating my own site (my host would be godaddy), if I have a lot of content - it does take me a long time. However, with Blogger, it looks very easy to throw the content in and be done with it.

I guess my two questions is this:

1) Can I alter HTML in Blogger just like I can w/ a regular site?
2) Which is better in on-page optimization - Blogger or a website that is hosted by Godaddy or hostGator?

My concerns would be, not with the SEO factors, but the fact that by using a free blogging platform, you're relinquishing ultimate control over your site. Blogger decides you're violating their TOS in some way, bam, your site is gone and you can't get it back.

The other issue is with GoDaddy hosting—while they're great for domains, I've heard nothing but negatives regarding their hosting. I don't think it has the features or ease of use that Host Gator or many other hosts do.

So what I would suggest is installing WordPress on a Host Gator server, which would solve both problems, and then on-site optimization is totally under your control as well.

1. I agree with Laura about GoDaddy hosting.

2. It's been a while since I looked at Blogger but it's far easier to edit the coding and to customize WordPress than Blogger. That's a big part of why I gave up on Blogger years ago.

4. There are numerous plug-ins for improving SEO with Wordpress that are not available for Blogger.

4. Blogger can't be hosted on your own site, a liability for marketing in my opinion (looks less professional).

5. Does Blogger even permit affiliate marketing on their blogs? Not sure ho0w current it is but I recall stories of affiliate marketers being shut down on Blogger without warning or recourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
having your own domain and your own site is much better, becuase if something go wrog they can delete your site.

blogger is a good platform but you cant customize it too much it is better that you will install the latest wordpress cms with the "all in one seo pack".

for seo blogger is good i have few blogs that reached to the 1st page after 1 month of blogging,

I would prefer registering my own domain in this case. Blogger is a free hosting and we don't know what will happen in the future. I started with Geocities.com (remember this host?) and I had a lot of websites there hosted for free. I even had some money site hosted in their server. But what happened? They closed shop and during their heyday, who would have thought that they will close?

I still have some money sites hosted with Blogger but I am giving more emphasis on websites that I registered as domains. Hostgator could be an option.

Ditto some of these replies. Blogger is good for rants and speaking out, but not good for a business blog. With Wordpress.org you can get your own domain name. I buy my domains at Go Daddy but host at Hostgator. I'm happy with them.

I also agree that its best to get domains with GoDaddy or NameCheap and host with Hostgator using Wordpress(on your own domain) as you are secure that way.

banners
Back