The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog the next great SEO tool?

temi

affiliate
I was offered a link on a blog for $29 today, the vendor said the link will be on the index page of the site for a while and on the archives permanently, sounds like a great offer but I can quite remember if I read somewhere that links on blogs are not being counted as a back link by Google. Anyone out there got good back links from a blog site ?

I haven't heared about it before and I am not sure if it is true! I think that Google owns www.blogger.com so they should be using it in a way :)
Anyways if that is $29 one-time fee than I would suggest that you take it... If it is a monthly fee you should look at some factors such as page PR and poage traffic and theme

Old Welsh Guy said:
The blogs link not counted theory started when google began controlling comment spam on blogger.

OWG,
But is it an established fact now that links from blogs are not counted ?

I don't think many people read blogs anyway. their abit like dircetories, as in no one uses directories to find anything just for links tot heir websites.

I am not sure about the link counting or no theory, I don't see why not. I am sure there are some sort of algorithm to see what kind of link and how many before the algo ignore the whole page/blog.

I am getting into the blogging thing now. It's quite interesting, and as an author, I found myself visiting a lot of sites and blogs, as well as reading a lot of articles, just to keep up-to-date and be in the mix.

I would say it's a good personal experience to have.

In any case, if you are serious about starting a blog, do it yourself and install WordPress or something on your own domain. Don't spend a lot of time building up free blog hosting account then later on regret the decision.

Whao Pinyo,
I will indeed save my $29 and accept the one you have offered. Your offer is worth more than $29 because GN is a better established site than the one where the offer was made. I appreciate this gesture very much :) I will be sure to do the same for GN when I get Haabaa Blog going http://www.haabaa.com/blog/

blog is a big thing now, but it was long expected. it's become a sort of morph of a personal site, or extension to it if you will in some cases, along the lines of a personal diary.
there are blogs that attract a huge ammount of traffic and attention, especially political debate blogs and IT blogs but not restricted to those domains.

personally, I haven't read up much on it, but I would think that advertising on a blog would be more rewarding than advertising in a directory, simply because having a link on someone's "personal" page associates your site as a prefference or approval of the person holding the blog, thus users tha participatein the blog, and are expectably associated (trusting) more or less of it's author, will be inclined to follow his tastes and consult his "bookmarks", or simply put, links. imho.

Bloggers have provided a much needed alternative to main stream media. Blogging is HUGE over here, as far as politics is concerned. They are no longer considered "tabloid", and are often referenced via the main stream (liberal biased/Anti-America) media.

Very refreshing!

banners
Back