The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

blog commenting

well!! i feel commenting on blogs help in building inbound links.... for your site... but commenting on the right blog related to your site is important... comment must be sensible enough and helpful for the users reading it... hope this was a satisfactory answer... i know u looking out for something more.... so m i ;)

Thanks bookmarkrobin. Yes you're right about making valuable and not spammy comments. But what can you say about blogs using no follow attributes?

It can be valuable for traffic even if they use no follow
so you don't get the link pop.

It's very much like communication on forums.
IF you comment on a busy authority blog IN YOUR NICHE
and IF you make a great comment that makes other curious
about you and what you have to say and want to read more.

So truly effective blog commenting is all about quality and relevance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this information Linda. I was also thinking that if there's such thing as no follow tag, the link would be useless to SEs. But yes the curiosity or attention of attracted readers is another story, right?

Well, nofollow doesn't mean that the comment will receive no link juice -- Google is the only robot that doesn't actually follow nofollow links (Yahoo! and Ask will still follow the link and index it. Yahoo! simply won't assign any "weight" to the link from the site -- so it's just like a regular link, not an authority link.)

That said, Linda offered some great advice. Commenting purely for traffic isn't necessarily the best way to go about it. You should be commenting to network with the authorities in your niche and with your potential customers/site visitors.

Use the blog's comments as a way to get on the blogger's radar. Later on, they'll recognize your name when you're ready to move the communication to another level. ;)

~ Teli

Thanks for the advice Teli. But I have some follow up questions if you don't mind.

You should be commenting to network with the authorities in your niche and with your potential customers/site visitors.

What do you mean by 'commenting to network'? Or am I taking your statement in a shallow way?

Later on, they'll recognize your name when you're ready to move the communication to another level.

When you say ready to move to the communication to another level does that mean it's OK if the blog owner communicates to you directly?

MI
Back