The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Black Hat or White Hat SEO?

I have seen people use blackhat methods for short term projects.

Some people do it for building their email lists alone, and then use them for other projects.
So it really depends on the project. For authority websites, I would only use whitehat methods.

Eric Schmidt wrote a book that will hit the shelves in April. In it he says that without social signals and authoriship information your site will not rank well.

For that reason you need to be whitehat since known blackhats will become outcasts of the internet.

Eric Schmidt wrote a book that will hit the shelves in April. In it he says that without social signals and authoriship information your site will not rank well.

For that reason you need to be whitehat since known blackhats will become outcasts of the internet.

What's the title of this book? Did you get an advance copy?

I do agree that social signals are very important. I'm hazing on the authorship issue. I need to do some research on that.

Authorship is something that i'm also looking into these days.

I have heard on many occasions that it really boosts your search engine rankings. I will be trying that soon and see how it affects the rankings.

I use both White Hat and Black Hat methods. It all depends on what I'm hoping to achieve with a particular campaign. I stick to White Hat methods for my authority sites. If I'm looking to make a quick buck, then Black Hat is my method of choice.

I prefer black hat SEO. Personally I like it because I get fast and easy results. It doesn't take much work. White hat SEO can be frustrating, it's not nearly as easy as black hat SEO. Although, not it is not recommended to use black hat methods if you don't have a basic understanding of SEO as it can hurt your website.

I prefer white hat SEO. I like building links myself and I do it slowly in order to look legitimate for Google. My links are also versatile since I build them with articles, forums and blog posts.

definitely white hat techniques, if you are looking for a long term steady stream of traffic then I would suggest you use white hat techniques.

Black hat SEO techniques are obviously not recommended, since you can get into trouble.

White hat SEO techniques are the techniques everyone should use.

Definitely whitehat is the way to go! But I have to say I also use blackhat sometimes, because it cold be very effective, but it doesn't guarantee you safety. I use blackhat rarely. :smile:

Whitehat SEO gets the vote for me. They are long lasting, and you won't get penalized for it. People who manipulate and use blackhat methods to drive traffic, generate clicks are the ones who are going to get penalized very quickly. Google is top notch with their search algorithm so if someone finds a loophole, Google will quickly be able to catch it.

Black Hat SEO is an unethical way of doing the SEO techniques in accordance with search engine. it is one which doesn't follow search engine norms and regulations. Blackhat techniques do work, but only for short term.
Whereas White Hat SEO is an ethical way of doing the SEO techniques in accordance the search engine which gives results for longer term.

banners
Back