The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Bing Ads display URL?

schleprock

I am getting this message on my Bing Ads KWs. (from the ellipsis in the browser)

Your ad can’t show because you have the same display url as a higher ranked ad.This could happen because you have multiple accounts that are competing with each other or it could be due to competitor action. If you think your url is being used improperly by your competitor, contact Support.​

I think this is because more than one affiliate is using:
Paid Surveys At Home - Surveys for Cash - Vindale Research
as their display URL because Bing Ads requires the display and landing page URL match at the domain level.

I did contact support. They said they would talk to the system engineers since the system would not serve my ads and the campaign is legitimate. However, I cannot be the first affiliate who has experienced this problem. So I am guessing they are aware of it already and don't really care.

I can't see making a landing page for a email submit offer.

How do other affiliates handle this sort of predicament?

If there is nothing to pre-sell what do you do?

I am new so I don't qualify for any offers that are much beyond the email submit at MaxBounty.

What have others done, or am I missing something that I should be seeing.

So you use your affiliate ID in the Bing Ads display URL. All the stuff I read said that was too "salesy", that people would shy away from an affiliate link if they saw it. So I just went with the domain of vindale.com.

What do other affiliate marketers do to avoid this? Do they send them to a landing page that pre-sells them on the idea of giving their email address to fill out surveys. When doing email submits by direct linking offers, what other way is there?

Or is there a way to make my own lander that would be beneficial to the user. To me it would seem to be a barrier, more hoops to jump through.

Example:
this is a Bing Ads display URL
www.InboxDollars.com

but it goes to this page
Earn Cash for Shopping Online - InboxDollars

its a CPA offer on MaxBounty (this guy is using the default landing page URL from MaxBounty instead of his affiliate ID link so he wont get paid, but I can't help that)

So he is direct linking.

When I do this I get a conflict because someone else is using vindale.com too. How do I avoid the conflict?

Last edited:
OK, I definitely need to know how a redirect (no lander) would work. If Bing followed the link it would go to my site but be redirected immediately to the Vindale landing page. Wouldn't Bing just see Vindale as the landing page? or am I missing something?

I do use Wordpress but wouldn't that have the same problem, my pretty link would redirect immediately to the Vindale site.

So either I am missing something (highly probable) or I need to build a lander. But for an email submit that seems sort of dumb.

I did ask Bing if I could create a fake sub directory in my display URL.
so my display URL would be http://vindale.com/made-up-subdirectory

that would mean the competitor URL conflict should resolve but Bing told me no. They said no links can go to 404 type page, which is where the "made-up-subdirectory" would go.

Additionally, Bing said no but their documentation only says this is true of the Destination URL (clickable link at top of ad, I know you know that is but others just starting might not so I added it) It says nothing about 404 errors on Display URLs (raw URL that is visible in ad)

I saw another ad on Bing that did it that way, example would be http://surveysite/$$ with $$ being a made up subdirectory and 404 type page. It got through their editorial review, so it could just be lucky break or the Tech at Bing might not be very knowledgeable.

I am going to have to learn to build landing pages, aren't I? I am signed up at Inbound Now for a years subscription but I just don't know how to get started.
I am new, I have only 18 dollars in leads (all leads from 7Search). I do not qualify for any offers that would require a pre-sell lander.
MaxBounty and Peerfly want to see a track record before they let you do anything that might get them into trouble with a seller.

So I need to make this work so I can show some selling skills. ( At least that is what I am thinking, I also could be missing important pieces of this puzzle, I am the first to admit I don't know what I am doing)

Thanks for helping

"I am getting this message on my Bing Ads KWs. (from the ellipsis in the browser)

Your ad can’t show because you have the same display url as a higher ranked ad.This could happen because you have multiple accounts that are competing with each other or it could be due to competitor action. If you think your url is being used improperly by your competitor, contact Support."

How did you solve this? I'm running into this same issue.
Thanks,
AJ

Last edited:
MI
Back