The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Big name affiliated tired and over promoted?

temi

affiliate
I was just wondering if any webmaster makes a decent money from any of the big name Internet affiliate such as Amazon, eBay etc etc. I have never made any money from my Amazon affiliate and for millions of exposures I gave Google adsense on various sites I was rewarded with about $120 over 3 months but I have an affiliate with a small not that well know company that earns me about $500 every month for the past two years.

Paul is probably an expert on this but can one make money from big brand names?

You experts need to get together, put the money making tips on paper, and give them to n00bz like me who are poor.

Paul is the man for that, he is the expert but he seem to disorganised :) or unwilling so that he will not be breading competition for himself, I have asked him to do this a number of times but he always decline :(

But one think I know is that you need a site that ranks quite well for a particular keyword, then find an affiliate for a product that goes with that keyword and you will be sorted. The is what I do with the site that makes the most money for me.

Steer clear of E-bay! Run, don't walk, but RUN from Amazon!

Join Affiliate NETWORKS, not just one program. And join the ones, which pay you monthly (Net 30).

Avoid the large affiliate networks, if at all possible.

Here are some excellent networks:

affiliatefuel.com
metareward.com
websponsors.com
offersquest.com
primaryadds.com

Design your content around the program you are promoting. Blend the program into your natural text. People want to buy, not be sold.

Hope this helps.

:toast:

Hurray,
Paul finally gave some advice on affiliates, thanks very much, Duke, there you go, take the advice of the master :). I will be doing the same thing, I have learnt the hard way, over 1 year of promoting Amazon products and not a penny return yet

I'm hardly the, "Master" :lol:

Temi, you should really look into cj.com. They have literally TONS of UK based affiliate programs. If I'm not mistaken, they also have UKcj.com also. I know they have on office in the UK.

Thanks for the tip Paul, when I have time I should really take down the Google adsense stuff that is not making me any money and add some serious stuff from CJ to my site to start making some money.

I used to have and account as CJ when my sites were not as popular as they are now so I did not make any money then but now I am riding high on my core businesses so finding the time to seek decent affiliate seem like a chore but I will visit cj this weekend to sort our new affiliates.

Temi,

You'll most likely find you account has been cancelled, as they have a new policy (18 months ago or so) where they disable accounts, which are innactive.

It's no problem. Just open another account.

Where do you come up with the knowledge of all these network and affiliate programs Paul?

Some call me. Some I seek out. It's all been trial and error over the past 5 years.

The networks I listed ALL have offers, which convert well (Meaning, you aren't throwing away your ad space like, IMHO, Amazon, Ebay, etc.), excellent customer service, and an impeccable payment history.

Take for instance Websponsors. They have campaigns for free this, free that, and all the end user needs to do is enter their zip code and click. Bam! You're paid anywhere from .75 cents to a dollar, depending on the network.

Duke, with your site, you could easily rack up the dough using these offers, providing you are receiving good traffic. Everyone likes, “Free†stuff. Well, almost…

I ran a simple solo e-mail campaign to only 5,000 double opt-in e-mail subscribers last month (I don't like e-mailing everyone on a, "Test Offer").

$-Zip Code Only - $500 Visa Gift Card 212 140 66% $0.53 $1.00/lead $112.75

I received 212 clicks to the offer of which 140 of the users entered their zip code (66% conversion, WOW!). $112 - Not bad for copying, then pasting, then clicking, "Send".

Anyone can do this. It's not rocket science. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. Remember, when I first started in this business, I knew knowing about the Internet or PCs. I pretty much knew how to check my e-mail and play games at Yahoo. That's it.

There's no secret to this, really. It just depends on the time and effort you wish to give. Oh, and be ready to fall on your face at least 30 times per year, and be ready to get right back up, learning lessons from the falls. And be sure to have an opt-in e-mail list.

Hope this helps.

:toast:

Every little bit helps buds.

I'm not sure I have the traffic yet to actually make any money at anything. It's building slowly but to date, I only have 50 members of which between 15 and 20 are active.

Ken,
But lots of people also visit your site without joining, they are also potential customers of whatever affiliate program you join, it does not have to be your memebers only

temi said:
Ken,
But lots of people also visit your site without joining, they are also potential customers of whatever affiliate program you join, it does not have to be your memebers only

True enough, thanks temi.

banners
Back