The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best way To stop fraud?

ConnorWright

affiliate
Hey guys,

I've been running my network for a couple months now - still getting the hang of everything. At first I was getting hit with a lot of fraud - which is something I expected at first and obviously prompted some changes on my end.
Such as:
  • Vetting new publishers on the network
  • Prevented some people from countries like VN from signing up
  • Added some IP Blocks
  • Put pubs on net-30 starting off to verify quality before putting them on a better schedule
This helped a good bit (50%ish fraud re deduction)

Then I went looking for some services/machine learning anti-fraud solutions and I ended up using IPQualityScore(IPQS) and it helped me cut it about another 40%-45%ish

However there is still about a 5-10% fraud rate(sometimes under 5%) but I want to get this down more to 1-3% Is there anything else you guys recommend? Or do I have to mark it off as a cost of doing business. I mean it doesn't hurt me too much because they are on net-30 but I'd want better relations with the advertisers so we don't have to do so much back and forth at the end of each month.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys,

I've been running my network for a couple months now - still getting the hang of everything. At first I was getting hit with a lot of fraud - which is something I expected at first and obviously prompted some changes on my end.
Such as:
  • Vetting new publishers on the network
  • Prevented some people from countries like VN from signing up
  • Added some IP Blocks
  • Put pubs on net-30 starting off to verify quality before putting them on a better schedule
This helped a good bit (50%ish fraud re deduction)

Then I went looking for some services/machine learning anti-fraud solutions and I ended up using IPQualityScore(IPQS) and it helped me cut it about another 40%-45%ish

However there is still about a 5-10% fraud rate(sometimes under 5%) but I want to get this down more to 1-3% Is there anything else you guys recommend? Or do I have to mark it off as a cost of doing business. I mean it doesn't hurt me too much because they are on net-30 but I'd want better relations with the advertisers so we don't have to do so much back and forth at the end of each month.

Thanks guys!

Which CRM are you using?

I'm not a network owner but I would guess that those who are won't want to publicly reveal their anti-fraud techniques for affiliates to read. ;)

I'm not a network owner but I would guess that those who are won't want to publicly reveal their anti-fraud techniques for affiliates to read. ;)

Buddy, I am a product owner and it's not difficult to deal with fraud depending on the type of product you have. There is so much more to know when it comes to being a product owner. Preventing fraud is only scratching the surface, so with that being said, preventative measures when it comes to fraud isn't really something that needs to be kept 'secret' imo.

The vendor should decline processing suspicious transactions.
PCI-DSS pre-screening. 3ds helps when the bank is a participant -- unfortunately this is less than universal. Perhaps it's better now I haven't been actively involved in this for a couple of years now...
I am assuming you are talking about chargebacks from carders?

MI
Back