The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Best publishing options for new affiliate marketers

thed1v1der

affiliate
I am a ad ops technician. I am an expert in targeting measures, analytics, and optimization, but the world of affiliate marketing is totally new to me. I've got several verticals I'd like to focus my marketing on, but I wanted to know what you folks thought about the kind of publishing I should focus on while still a newbie with low volume.

Verticals to consider:
Auto and Health Lead Generation
Cosmetics Trials
Supplements
Adult

Publishing options I've considered:
Mailers
Display- My own site with content I generate
Display- Buying space in ad containers like Taboola to take visitors to a generic landing page

What other publishing options would you consider for a new affiliate marketer with a limited budget? I don't mind spending time building out a real page with lots to look at, but I don't know if I'd be able to buy enough traffic to convert at an acceptable rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, You are doing good with the methods you are going to use. Apart from that, you can also use search engines like 7search for PPC and display ads with limited budget along with google ads, bing etc. Lead Impact is good for PPV buys. There are few more like sitescout, adroll etc.

Definitely the content, SEO and FB ads are going to help you as well. Good Luck and try and test the methods with your content and you will find the right solution for you.

Is there generally a best, lower-risk environment to serve these ads as someone new to all of this? As I said, I'm more than familiar with serving the ads themselves, but I don't really know it as it pertains to specific cases.

For example, if I picked up a skin care offer and linked a lander between that and a taboola container, would that be recommended? I don't want to have my iron in too many fires right off the bat. I'd like to have a very small footprint that's easy to maintain while I learn the ropes.

Basically, for all you successful affs out there, where did you begin from a pub standpoint?

MI
Back