The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Best programming language to start with

TheSamurai

affiliate
What do you think which is the best programming language to start with?
I would say C. It is one of the first languages, and it's still in use.
Also, when you get into the programming logic, the only difference is syntax.

Start with C. It will lead into greater languages in the future. It's also the best language for starting to learn Java and HTML. Although I wish I had; I skipped the "C Scene" and went straight to HTML; although I know it now, it would have taken less time to learn it with some C experience. Definitely should learn C before anything else.

Good Luck,
StormHF

Start with C. It will lead into greater languages in the future. It's also the best language for starting to learn Java and HTML. Although I wish I had; I skipped the "C Scene" and went straight to HTML; although I know it now, it would have taken less time to learn it with some C experience. Definitely should learn C before anything else.

Good Luck,
StormHF

There's no need to learn C to learn HTML. Specially because HTML isn't a programming language so there's no need to know all the logic of a programming language like C to design pages using HTMl ( + CSS).

C is a very good first language because there are so many languages that base its syntax on C. Languages like Java and PHP are very easy to learn if you know C because their share a similar syntax.

Java is not a very good first language because it is very extensive. PHP on the other hand could easily be used as a learning language because it's very easy to get things up and running very fast.

There's no need to learn C to learn HTML. Specially because HTML isn't a programming language so there's no need to know all the logic of a programming language like C to design pages using HTMl ( + CSS).

C is a very good first language because there are so many languages that base its syntax on C. Languages like Java and PHP are very easy to learn if you know C because their share a similar syntax.

Java is not a very good first language because it is very extensive. PHP on the other hand could easily be used as a learning language because it's very easy to get things up and running very fast.

Learning C to learn HTML makes no sense. C is a programming language whereas HTML is a markup language used for creating web pages. C != HTML.

Java is still a pretty good language for beginners. Although the language and API is massive, being able to create small things doesn't take a lot of code and is quite satisfying. Everything in Java is rather straight forward and can be read and understood with even a basic understanding of Java. For example, building a quick GUI with JFrame and the Graphics API is really quick and it doesn't take as much code (roughly 60-70 lines to display some sort of graphic on the screen).

Due to how many programs revolve around it - and how many devices an computers have become reliant on it, I would say Java. It seems these days if you know Java you can script or write for any device anymore.

Granted - I will readily admit if you know C others become a lot more self evident. I just think while being versed
in C++ will help you with other languages - it's a round about way to learn Java.

While it's nice to be a polyglot, if all you want to learn is French, learning so German is easier hardly seems relevant.

Due to how many programs revolve around it - and how many devices an computers have become reliant on it, I would say Java. It seems these days if you know Java you can script or write for any device anymore.

Granted - I will readily admit if you know C others become a lot more self evident. I just think while being versed
in C++ will help you with other languages - it's a round about way to learn Java.

While it's nice to be a polyglot, if all you want to learn is French, learning so German is easier hardly seems relevant.

Even though most devices are capable of running Java, most large developers choose to use C++ due to the power that the language brings. But still, due to Java being based on the syntax of C++, transitioning from Java to C++ is going to be easier. If I remember correctly, in an video with Bjarne Stroustrup (the creator of C++), he said that being able to switch seamlessly from one language to another is key.

Learning C to learn HTML makes no sense. C is a programming language whereas HTML is a markup language used for creating web pages. C != HTML.

Java is still a pretty good language for beginners. Although the language and API is massive, being able to create small things doesn't take a lot of code and is quite satisfying. Everything in Java is rather straight forward and can be read and understood with even a basic understanding of Java. For example, building a quick GUI with JFrame and the Graphics API is really quick and it doesn't take as much code (roughly 60-70 lines to display some sort of graphic on the screen).

I wouldn't recommend Java as a learning language. It's a ver complex and big language. It takes a lot of work to understanding how everything works and why it works that way. I think the best way for learning Java is first learning Processing, which is a language based on Java but makes it very easy to get things up and running. I recommend the book "Learning Processing" by Daniel Shiffman. It's the best book I have seen for learning programming.

I would say HTML, only because it is used so universally. I know it's a bit harder than alternative coding methods, but at least once you learn it, you're pretty much set. Most sites I've built and whatnot have required knowledge of HTML, so I'd say learn that and get it over with, and then move onto the less popular coding systems.

Many here are saying that HTML is the easiest programming language but it is not a programming language. It's just a markup language. I haven't tried HTML5 and don't know if that one could be considered a programming language. For creating websites Javascript, PHP, Ruby, Python, those are programming languages.

Many here are saying that HTML is the easiest programming language but it is not a programming language. It's just a markup language. I haven't tried HTML5 and don't know if that one could be considered a programming language. For creating websites Javascript, PHP, Ruby, Python, those are programming languages.

I totally agree with you. I really don't know why are there so many people stating that html is a programming language. Ruby is a bit hardcore for newbies don't you think?:whistling:

C. It's universal, and the syntax/architecture you learn there will apply to a lot of other languages that evolved from it. There are many great tutorials online where you can practice for free online as well, so the support is huge.

Don't give up to early, especially since most of your time in C will likely be troubleshooting. That is true for any language anywhere. Be patient, as its just like learning any other spoken language in real life. Consistency is key. Good luck.

I would have to agree with all the people recommending C as a good starting language. It is not object oriented which in a lot of ways is good for beginners who want to grasp the basics first without worrying about different data types and OOP paradigms. However as a computer engineering student I can give enough thanks to Assembly programming for the insight it has given me into how things work behind the scenes. It may not be for everyone, but it is certainly valuable.

Assembly only makes sense if you are an embedded programmer and it certainly is not a programming language to begin with. Also, for most cases if you need low level access you are just good using C, unless you really need to tweak things in the bit level.

I think Python is the best for a beginner. Fundamentally, Python has a nice, clean syntax, with graphical tools if you need them. You do not have to declare variables. It is an interpreted language, meaning that you can write code one line at a time and run it, so you can see these wonders. Python is also a major language used in day-to-day industrial projects so you can end up getting a profession in the event. However though many will say java to me it is quite complicated for a beginner. C, C++though speedy they are extremely complex for a beginning programmer.

Assembly only makes sense if you are an embedded programmer and it certainly is not a programming language to begin with. Also, for most cases if you need low level access you are just good using C, unless you really need to tweak things in the bit level.

I disagree, I never said you would have actually program any projects in it. Just that it is very helpful for learning. Depending on the architecture there are often a lot less commands to work with and learning how the hardware works in invaluable. While C can provide low level access a lot of the things you wouldn't know are still hidden from you.

banners
Back