The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Free Method You've Ever Used in Marketing Your Business Online

SEOnoob

affiliate
I'm collecting invaluable information from experts and newbies alike. Would you mind helping? If so, please do let me know your answer on this question -

If you ever had the chance to market your business online, which do you think is the most effective that you've used? Any tips on how to keep getting the best results from this method?

Any advice will be great help for me.

Thanks!

It depends on your target market. Like for example, If your targeting teenagers, social networks and forum for teens is best for you. I like blogging for business promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbies!

Hi,

Yes obviously, it depends on the target market. But initially directory submissions, social bookmarking and press release kind of tactics will help you get traffic.

McCain.

The social networking and other web 2.0 marketing scene is very misunderstood.

For a whole year, I stopped ALL advertising except all things social media. It was a test, that's why. I did it in quiet till the test was done.

My target market, or at least my audience I've attracted, is FAR from teens and stuff. I have to strongly disagree about the true demographic that's going on in the world of social media marketing.

I have people of all ages, even a 50+ female newbie student!

All from strictly social media, no other marketing that long. Very pure test to be sure.

Be valuable, help, do NOT sell AT ALL.

That's it. Sort of....

Sheree

I'm collecting invaluable information from experts and newbies alike. Would you mind helping? If so, please do let me know your answer on this question -

If you ever had the chance to market your business online, which do you think is the most effective that you've used? Any tips on how to keep getting the best results from this method?

Any advice will be great help for me.

Thanks!

PPC! The question is very broad, but since no one mentioned PPC so far, so thought I will.

Sure, it costs money - but works great. But again, promotion will definitely vary from project to project.

LOL - Didn't read the title of the post "Best Free Method You've Ever Used in Marketing Your Business Online".

PPC is not free - Oops!

Article marketing works well but you must use it along with Web 2.0 sites and social bookmarking for maximum effect in driving traffic to your lead capture pages or affiliate pages. It is best to build a web page and then follow up with articles, press releases and social bookmarking for long term search traffic and backlinks to that page.

I agree that not everybody on social sites are 13 years old. Look at linkedin. It is very popular with professionals, and has been around a long time.

But if I had to pick one free method, and could not use another, I would have a hard time giving up article marketing and social bookmarks, but in the end I would probably go with the plethora of free blogs like blogger and wordpress you can put up to link back to your site.

If I had to pick two, I would probably use article marketing and free blogs. But I know that social networking works like a dream for others.

I think lots of things work, given effort and skill. So the thing that works best for you will probably depend upon your niche, skills, and personality.

I'm not sure what I just said about my social skills there. :confused:

My thought

I have been in direct marketing for 4 months. I agree it totally depends on you and the skills you develop. I have found simply having a free directmatches account with a profile set up has driven a nice amount of traffic to my page. The problem is simply you get a bunch of spam in return. Use a blank email account for profiles that you simply use to drive traffic to keep your email address you use regular free of spam. Good luck in your business.

Networking on social bookmarking sites, and using their IM features in particular, are powerful ways to reach out and touch somebody. Article marketing along with posting to related niche blogs with do-follow links are good for both exposure and SEO.:)

Social netowrking sites and article sites like Digg can be HUGE traffic generators for you if you spend the time in building a network of good friends.

Many times people will join 20 article submission sites, submit all of their articles but they still get no exposure or traffic. The most important thing to do when social marketing is the actual friend building process and being active in the community. Sometimes it might take a few months before you can make an article become "popular" but in many cases in can be worth it.

Also, for a beginner Adwords PPC is really a great way to get some targeted traffic... It's easy to setup and very easy to manage. Whether your budget is $5 per day or $100 per day, you can make it work for you.

Stumbleupon has been a major surprise in my case for traffic too. I get a load of traffic through StumbleUpon.

For free online marketing I have found that sites like Stumble Upon and Digg can bring you loads of traffic if you spend the time to foster good networks and be active in the communities.

The article submissions sites can all be effective, but you simply cannot make an account, upload some articles and expect people to find.

The key ingredient to any social marketing through these types of websites is building networks of friends and being active.

In my testing I have seen huge results, and it always comes in big waves!

I've had success with Bum Marketing Method.

They promote how to effectively use article marketing, blog marketing and other free resources on the Web to build your affiliate business.

I've also had some success with posting videos to social networking sites to drive traffic.

I've also noticed with video - it gets spidered by the Google (George Bush) quickly and I can have a top 10 placement usually in a day or two. Now how long does it last? I dunno it depends. But it works.

Rob

I think very strategic SEO is a very good tool to getting Traffic to your Blog.
Specifically, I have found Squidoo Lenses very good for building quality Backlinks to my Blog. Which is good for SEO.

Also posting comments to Quality blogs and Forums with Ancor text in your Signature has provided good Backlinks for me. Just as long as your comments or Postings have substance to them and relate to the topic at hand !!

I have NOT gotten too heavy in the Social Bookmarking to promote my Blog. I just think in the long run that SEO and ultimately getting heavy Organic Search Engine Traffic to your Blog should be your ultimate goal.
And IMHO you should NOT spend many many months and spend many many hours trying to make friends at a Social Site in hopes that these people will go to your blog and be customers. Of course it is good for Backlinks. And in terms that is good for SEO !!
But just make sure utilize your time efficiently !! And not get too bogged down in striving for more Social Bookmarking Traffic itself. Its a waste of time that could be spent towards getting Google Search Engine Traffic ;)
The Real Traffic !!!

Best method to get traffic

This information is related to how to get traffic for the website. In my view directory submissions, social bookmarking and press release kind of tactics will help you to get traffic.

I'm a hard core PPC guys and that works very well for me, however my top source of FREE traffic comes from joing ventures. I guess it isn't totally free, but you don't pay any partners until you get a payable action. I mean this is an affiliate marketing forum right? Noone says you have to be an affiliate network to get affiliates. Find a complimentary niche and then find someone who is willing to send you traffic via banners, text links, or referral for a piece of your action on sales. Once you get the traffic to your site and capture their contact information, they are now your list and you can continue to work that list for a long time to come.

the best marketing method for me is SMO or Social Media Marketing. People are into this sites today and it has a wide audience and visibility

MI
Back