The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Been crawled - how long to be Indexed?

S

steakaphagus

Hi, I've submitted my sitemap to Google, and according to the tools guide, it was crawled 15 hours ago. The 'data' part shows 'no data available' for Indexing though, and checking my site on a google search using 'site:mydomain' gives no results.
How long does it usually take before the site will be added to Google's index for searches?
Thanks

Hi, I've submitted my sitemap to Google, and according to the tools guide, it was crawled 15 hours ago. The 'data' part shows 'no data available' for Indexing though, and checking my site on a google search using 'site:mydomain' gives no results.
How long does it usually take before the site will be added to Google's index for searches?
Thanks

Wait until google does its update.

I have had a 10,000 page site get deep indexed in less then a week (it all depends on how many levels your site is and how many external links you have)

I get times where google will stop indexing for a week or 2 then it will start again, but other times it will index the pages at a steady rate. So i don't think there is a set time that each page will be indexed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a 10,000 page site get deep indexed in less then a week (it all depends on how many levels your site is and how many external links you have)

cw, you put 10,000 pages online all at once?

Anyways, I agree with you that it depends on how many external links
you have and I would add that it also depends on the anchored text
in those links.

Google might crawl anything, but that does not mean that they feel the
site/pages are important enough to add to their index.

Get some backlinks to your sitemap or homepage and be sure those links
have some of your keywords anchored.

Then check Google once per day.

Bompa
pm's are welcome for more info

My advice is similar to the above, in saying that you should look towards obtainining some good PR links which are relevant to your site or its content.

Their are two kinds of links. Good Relevant Links & Not so good not relevant links.

Since your site has not yet been indexed yet, i advise to only get one or two good links.
Say PR3 relevant links would be good.

Also have one or two good links aimed towards your homepage.

Is your site easy to crawl? - Is the navigation structure simple and not done with any special coding.?

~ Mike

Yeah be patient with first time google submissions and until then just build related backlinks so it happens quicker.. :)

MI
Back