The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

BBC iPlayer crippling the net

temi

affiliate
Internet service providers claimed yesterday that BBC's iPlayer is putting the internet under severe strain and threatening to bring the network to a halt.

Quite a lot of people are not watching TV live, ISP said, to cope with this, the UK Internet infrastructure needs to be upgraded, the cost of this is estimated at about £831 million.

The ISP want BBC to help pay for this, but BBC claims its now their problem.

Id imagine the BBC pay a decent quota to use there isp anyway, im with BBC on this one. ISP's have resposibility to cope with the ever growing damand. Most ISP's advertise that you an watch high speed video so they should be think about there adverts before stateing they cant cope

this is good! 8meg broadband as a basic speed the country wide - if they dont start doing this now what're they gonna do when enevitably people start streaming high def files!

ALL ISp's have fair use policies, and I am told that more and more accounts are simply being turned off.

I have a media centre setup, and have sky+, but stream stuff like torchwood rugby etc that I couldn't record.

banners
Back