The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Banned from Facebook

miguel82

I'm desperately trying to get back on to Facebook after having my advertising account suspended for fraudulent activity.

I have contacted Facebook countless times, opened many accounts, spoke to someone via telephone (a miracle I know) but still no luck.

I don't know why they have suspended my accounts and they only give stock answers.

Can anyone help??

When you called, what reason did they give you for the ban? I assume, some sort of violation of TOS?

This is what they replied with via email after calling;

It looks like your payments account was disabled because of suspected fraudulent activity. As a security precaution, we won't be able to re-enable it. This decision is final.

they won't reopen no matter what your reason and they don't care at all, tried myself

This is what they replied with via email after calling;

It looks like your payments account was disabled because of suspected fraudulent activity. As a security precaution, we won't be able to re-enable it. This decision is final.

That does sound pretty final. Too bad.

It's so important to follow a platform's TOS. They all seem to strictly adhere to them now, it's not like even a few years ago.

I think that sometimes people get in trouble by doing something they didn't realize was against the rules. Boring as they are, we need to read any site's TOS.

If I had broke a TOS why wouldn't they just tell me. Facebook forums are full of people with the same issue.

I can't answer that, of course. Only FB knows. Sounds like maybe whoever you spoke with didn't bother to look up the details so they could answer that question for you. They're starting to sound like Google.

If you didn't engage in fraudulent activity, as the message says, than this ban sucks big time!

Wish I could be more helpful but short of doing something that could make matters worse, you'd probably have to move and get a new credit card number to open another account. I imagine there are blackhat methods around this but I don't subscribe to those and can't advise you on them.

Try not to let this bump in the road stop you from moving forward. FB is not the only platform available to you. You can still have a successful IM biz without it. Honest, you can. :)

I've tried contacting them plenty of times and spoke/emailed different people. Tried different credit cards, sent proof of ID but nothing works.

Do you think it could be because I have a personal account and then set up a new account for advertising, which was banned? Do others use their personal accounts for Facebook ads?

Fortunately I'm becoming quite handy with Adwords, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about with FB.

Do you think it could be because I have a personal account and then set up a new account for advertising

That could be it, right there. FB only allows you to have one account. Period. You can't have separate biz and personal accounts, you have to set up one then set up different pages and use your privacy settings to keep them separate.

I personally think it's a stupid rule but it's their platform and if we want to use it, we have to abide by the TOS.

I'd feel quite the fool if that's reason after all this time :(

I'll try next week and see what happens.

Hope it works for you but if it doesn't, don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Move on to something else. It doesn't have to stop you from having successful campaigns.

Please let us know how you make out.

I have several campaigns in Adwords running okay. I want to spread the risk and move into different traffic sources with different campaigns, if FB doesn't work I will try Bing.

Are there any other good traffic sources you would recommend trying?

ps. I'll let you know how FB works out next week.

I have several campaigns in Adwords running okay. I want to spread the risk and move into different traffic sources with different campaigns, if FB doesn't work I will try Bing.

Those are the top two for most people, so you've chosen good ones.

Are there any other good traffic sources you would recommend trying?

Depends on your vertical and promotion method(s) allowed for your offer. You can check out new traffic sources and member reviews here: Traffic Sources | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Well I tried six payment methods on my personal account and all failed due to suspicious activity yet I have no idea what this activity is/was.

I contacted FB once again, got a stock reply recommending I try another payment method but they are working on a fix - which I'm sure is bs.

On to the next traffic source....

I contacted FB once again, got a stock reply recommending I try another payment method but they are working on a fix - which I'm sure is bs.

You may be right but I hope they really are working on it. If there is a technical problem, there are likely other people having issues, too.

On to the next traffic source....

Exactly the right thing to do! :)

exactly you are trying to use authorize payment method. , I can suggest you get a own payment source, new and create the account this that ID, get handy the documents [if needed],
Start again...
Or buy the FB ads account, in any forums.

exactly you are trying to use authorize payment method. , I can suggest you get a own payment source, new and create the account this that ID, get handy the documents [if needed],
Start again...
Or buy the FB ads account, in any forums.
I can provide FB with what ever they want. I have legitimate payment accounts, product and ads.

MI
Back