The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Backlinks from other country websites

cloud786

Hi all,

First question or many! If my site has a .co.uk extension and is hosted in the UK, then would backlinks from other country sites (ie .com hosted in USA or .in hosted in India etc) provide less link juice than backlinks from sites hosted in the UK with .co.uk extensions?

Do the backlinks with the same extension or same hosting country hold more relevancy?

I've never heard that suggestion before and I doubt that the country extension has any effect on the value of the link to your page/site.

I base this conclusion on the fact that Matt Cutts and others have said repeatedly that the TLD (.edu, .gov. .com, etc.) is not considered as a factor in any Google algorithms.

Its funny you should say that because the whole internet seems to be under the impression that backlinks from .edu and /gov sites hold more relevansy and are the most sought after links!

So you saying the extension doesnt make a difference? im confused now!

Its funny you should say that because the whole internet seems to be under the impression that backlinks from .edu and /gov sites hold more relevansy and are the most sought after links!

So you saying the extension doesnt make a difference? im confused now!

I know. It's opne of those myths that just will not go away.

SEO article in Newsweek

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
Matt Said,
December 12, 2005 @ 9:48 am

Yahoo links are helpful because they?re high PageRank, but that?s the only reason; there?s no special ?Yahoo boost? or edu-boost or gov-boost. Those links just tend to be higher quality.

Lightning Round!

And Thomas writes in and says does Google index or rank blog sites differently than regular web sites. That?s a good question, not really. Some one else asked about links from gov?s and edu?s and whether links from two levels deep gov?s and edu?s, like gov.pl are worth the same as .gov, and the fact is that we don?t really have much in the way of saying oh this is a link from the ODP or from .gov or .edu so give that some sort of special boost. It?s just those sites tend to have higher Pagerank because more people link to them and reputable people link to them.

DMOZ:

I?m on debunking duty
Matt Cutts
December 8, 2006

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
December 8, 2006 @ 7:51 pm

There is no special ?ODP boost.? The PageRank value of a link from an ODP page is solely because that ODP page has high PageRank.

sometimes, but .coms will rarely be worse than a .co.uk I don't think it's something to worry about. .in links or .co.sg (singapore) into a .com or .co.uk will likely be a waste of time :]

sometimes, but .coms will rarely be worse than a .co.uk I don't think it's something to worry about. .in links or .co.sg (singapore) into a .com or .co.uk will likely be a waste of time :]

Why do you say this? What's it based on?

banners
Back