The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Backlin from which source is considered best?

Best backlink source

• Directory Link

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Contents based link

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Reciprocal Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link from FFA Directory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
Please take a moment to vote to choose a back link you think will have the best SERP benefits for the site it links to. Lets assume the links are from pages with the same PR

I adore the links from blogposts. They effectively improve the rankings so i voted on the contents based link:)

It mainly depends on the directory. I mean there are many ways that the directory owners could grab to improve the passed relevance and the importance as well. For instance static keyword rich hypened URLs...

I guess Temi was thinking about the different relevance passing abilities. In general we can claim that more the content on a page is, the more relevance it pass. Of course the location of the link (header, in text, footer) have different passing abalities.

Here is what I mean.
The weight of a link from your website homepage, is more than the weight of a link from three folder deep within your website.

Here is what I mean.
The weight of a link from your website homepage, is more than the weight of a link from three folder deep within your website.

Depends how you are measuring 'weight'.

On a directory, a link from
home>health(1level) >illnesses (2nd level) > chest infections (3rd level)

would be far better than a homepage link, if the target site is about bronchitis.

That said, if we are talking about PR weight, then chances are the homepage will be higher :)

I mean relevance and PR really. OWG's answer hit the nail in the head on both relevance and PR.
Which is also more or less what Bagi referrers to: a link from say a web design page of a web hosting site pointing to a web design site is more relevant than a link on the homepage of a web hosting site pointing to a web design site.

MI
Back