The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Auto responder

jmk909er

affiliate
I have my domain with godaddy, my host is ipage and I am using wordpress. With which of these do I set up an auto responder?

I have a email address with godaddy for my website but I don't see anywhere to do it there.

Thanks, Joe

I have my domain with godaddy, my host is ipage and I am using wordpress. With which of these do I set up an auto responder?

I have a email address with godaddy for my website but I don't see anywhere to do it there.

Thanks, Joe

None of them! It's HUGELY risky to set up your own autoresponder on a domain you own - because inevitably over time you will have some people hitting the Spam button on a message you send instead of unsubscribing.

Result? Your domain becomes blacklisted and none of your emails get delivered.

You need to engage the services of a 3rd part autoresponder service supplier - about $20 a month roughly. In my experience the best ones are 12SecondCommute, Aweber and Getresponse.

12SecondCommute has the advantage that as well as the autoresponder they provide several other tools that all online marketers have to have and therefore represents the best value for money by a wide margin.

http://www.allanjamesonline.com/startbusinessmentor/blog/autoresponder-cost-comparisons

None of them! It's HUGELY risky to set up your own autoresponder on a domain you own - because inevitably over time you will have some people hitting the Spam button on a message you send instead of unsubscribing.

How does "hitting the spam button" blacklist your domain? In most email clients, that just sends it to the junk mail folder. I doubt that most people even know how to report a message to a spam blacklister.

How does "hitting the spam button" blacklist your domain? In most email clients, that just sends it to the junk mail folder. I doubt that most people even know how to report a message to a spam blacklister.

I have lists (email databases or prospects and buyers) of over 50,000 subscribers. If I look at the email addresses of those people, what do I see?

I see that probably 80% of them are using Gmail or Yahoo as their email clients. Both these clients have spam buttons very predominantly available and people tend to use them at the drop of a hat.

Google and Yahoo use this info to reduce spam. I'm not techy but here's some info about it at Google:
How Gmail Blocks Spam

You need to engage the services of a 3rd part autoresponder service supplier - about $20 a month roughly. In my experience the best ones are 12SecondCommute, Aweber and Getresponse.

12SecondCommute has the advantage that as well as the autoresponder they provide several other tools that all online marketers have to have and therefore represents the best value for money by a wide margin.

http://www.allanjamesonline.com/startbusinessmentor/blog/autoresponder-cost-comparisons

I am currently running a Double-Opt-In Autoresponder on 50-plus websites and it works just fine.

None of my domains are blacklisted and I am building my own list rapidly.

banners
Back