The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Ask me anything...

Eddie Tsy

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Lead Economy
Hi all! As a new member of the forum I want provide some value and answer any questions anyone might have. I'm an Affiliate Manager for one of the biggest players in the online loan space (financial) and help out with a sister Nutra company.

Most of our financial offers run a revshare type of model which I am learning not everyone is a huge fan of. I'd be curious to talk to some of you who oppose this type of payout and anyone who loves that type of setup.

Anyway, I'm here to field any questions from an Affiliate Manager perspective. Shoot your questions my way! :)

Hi all! As a new member of the forum I want provide some value and answer any questions anyone might have. I'm an Affiliate Manager for one of the biggest players in the online loan space (financial) and help out with a sister Nutra company.

Most of our financial offers run a revshare type of model which I am learning not everyone is a huge fan of. I'd be curious to talk to some of you who oppose this type of payout and anyone who loves that type of setup.

Anyway, I'm here to field any questions from an Affiliate Manager perspective. Shoot your questions my way! :)
Could you please tell me?How to find out effective market place for my affiliate marketing?

From my perspective, revshare has 2 big disadvantages:

1. It hurts your cashflow - you need way more time to get money back if you are a media buyer.
2. The affiliate takes even more risk than usually. You need to trust your business partner much more when doing revshare with them. If they are not in business and able to pay often enough, your share is worth 0!

Are those 2 assumptions just myths? How do you tackle them?

From my perspective, revshare has 2 big disadvantages:

1. It hurts your cashflow - you need way more time to get money back if you are a media buyer.
2. The affiliate takes even more risk than usually. You need to trust your business partner much more when doing revshare with them. If they are not in business and able to pay often enough, your share is worth 0!

Are those 2 assumptions just myths? How do you tackle them?

Thanks for your response Manu!

While I can't speak for all Revshare networks, we payout on a weekly basis. Every Monday like clock work payments are generated for the leads that sold. We usually start off with a net 8 and once we get a working relationship we switch to a net 1.

As a pub you should do your research before you partner up with anyone no matter the payout. While revshare is a bit more risky since you're trusting the partner to do the selling the reward is much much higher. Especially if you're experienced in the industry you'll quickly be able to tell how well your partner is performing.

Could you please tell me?How to find out effective market place for my affiliate marketing?

I assume you're asking how to find the best/most profitable niche for affiliate marketing. My suggestion would be to research a few niches that you're interested in. Talk to people in that space, watch some videos, read some forums. Once you decide to go with a niche stick to it and be sure to continually keep in touch with the affiliate manager as they will help you succeeded.

It's easier to shave a PPS sale, and more profitable too, than a Rev-share sale -- I totally disagree with you. I get residual income without doing much work -- every month from rev-share.

Ideally, I want to build a steady income -- and not bust my ass for my next meal -- like you will do with a one-time payout.

I don't know if so called steady income has much to do with it... It depends on your existing situation, goals and strategy but at the end of the day, it should be mostly about ROI.

Here's an example - $50k now or $100k over 5 years. Which is better?

Btw, I'm not against rev-share. I just wanted to get input from the "other side" when it comes to a couple of reasonable objections that some affiliates (especially those that buy media) should have about rev-share.

MI
Back