The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Ask me anything about SEO!

My website got hit by this update and it was ranked 1 on google last week. What's the latest google penguin update about and how we should rank our site again?

It's just about creating good content and good backlinks.

Your content doesn't have to be a masterpiece or anything but it should be content that people will share on social networks (so it could be as simple as a viral video, infographics, popular product, a re-written viral news story on your niche etc) and something that people wont instantly hit the 'back' button when they see.

And your links should look natural and be from high quality sites. Think social sites, niche related forums, links on niche related blogs etc. Avoid buying some crappy 10,000 link package for $9 on a forum. Just build high quality links on high quality sites yourself.

Basically if you have to ask yourself whether or not your links or content might seem a bit "thin" or "spammy" to Google then you need to put a bit more work into it until you don't have to ask that question.

In a nutshell: focus on quality over quantity.

Have you ever tried a churn and burn site?
and how can you make those site ranks?

Yeah I used to own a tonne of really, really shitty sites with HUGE adsense ads on them that only ranked well only because of the EMDs (exact match domains). They click through rates were insane because the ads were so prominent but they were butt ugly and lacking any real value. I sold most of them on Flippa before Google stopped giving such a benefit to EMDs.

These days I'm more focused on building up quality sites because they are just easier to rank and stick around for the long term despite whatever changes Google makes.

MI
Back