The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Article marketing questions

notaprettysite

affiliate
I have a few questions about article marketing. I created my first website a few months ago, using wordpress and hosting it on my own domain. I picked an adsense-ready wordpress theme and had someone personalize it for me, and then I uploaded the theme onto Godaddy (a really complex and torturous process, so I am desperately trying to find an easier way, but that's a topic for another thread.)

I wrote some articles on ezinearticles.com, and a few on associatedcontent.com, and started getting some traffic - a few dozen visitors a day, and a decent clickthrough rate of about 6-8 percent.

My questions - is there any particular mass article submission process that anyone here would recommend? (As in, either software or a site like isnare or phantomwriters which you pay to submit articles for you?)

And if I've written 20 articles for ezinearticles over two months time and am now averaging a few dozen visitors a day, is that good or bad? Does it mean that this niche isn't that good and I should look for a different niche? I'm a good writer (I'm a reporter by trade), my site has all original, informative content, I get some return visitors...I just wonder if I should be getting more traffic. My site's been up for three months total - and I got ZERO traffic for the first month, until I started submitting articles to ezinearticles.com

You will have to test different niches to see what works for you. Once you have one site up and running then move on to another niche and launch another site. Don't give up after one or two failures. Learn from your failures and successes and apply it to the next site. Good luck. :)

Another article marketing question

Is there a time of week that is better to submit articles? I've heard that weekends are a slower time for webmasters...which seems strange to me, because people have more free time on weekends so I would think that they'd web surf...but if that's true, it seems as if it would make sense to time it so your articles are printed during the week.

Anyone else have any suggestions, idea, etc.?

Also - my clicks so far to day were worth PENNIES. I think that is more common on weekends; I'll have to start paying more attention to that. Normally they're worth $2 - $3 each. So if weekend traffic doesn't earn me any money, it seems as if it would make sense to send out my articles - and earn more money - during the week.

And if I've written 20 articles for ezinearticles over two months time and am now averaging a few dozen visitors a day, is that good or bad?

a few dozen visitors a day on only 20 articles is great, imagine the traffic when you get to 300 articles - which is the number you should be aiming for. You'll find plenty of free article submitters on the web that are great

I have about 200 articles on ezine articles. A couple of dozen articles is not enough.

Make sure you are paying attention to your titles and copywriting, and of course, optimizing your backlinks to your website. Have a plan.

Also try some smaller article websites with more friendly linking rules. :eek:

MI
Back