The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

AroundTheWeb.com ready for general directory submissions.

J

juke

At the begining of August I launched a new directory called AroundTheWeb.com

I've had this domain for a long time and just thought that the name would brand will into a directory.

This new directory will be a paid submission. The price for submitting to this directory will be $15, but for a limited time there will be a price reduction of 50% off rate of $7.50.

This is a only a one time fee to be a part of the directory.

I know many people we be asking about the 0 PR but like many sites/directories you must start somewhere. I am currently working like a mad man building up the sites link popularity and PR. But of course the results of my efforts will show over time. (does not update PR as often as they use to)

Google has already index the site several times and in being online for only a month we have started to get SE traffic regularly now. As you can see Here

and as you can see from the last BackLink update (So a PR update would primed anytime now)

Please consider my directory and feel free to post any idea or thoughts to improve it.

Thanks.

Juke,
Any extra special discount for me considering I already submitted a website to your directory :)
Temi

temi said:
Juke,
Any extra special discount for me considering I already submitted a website to your directory :)
Temi

What URL did you submit? I get alot of spam submissions so if you didn't pay I reject the listing at the moment.

$7.50 for a one time submission to the directory is a huge discount in big picture already I think. Even when the price is raised to $15 (most likely will occur a few days after the next PR update (hint)) still will be one of the cheaper directories to submit to.

Currently I'm not seeing any of the submission $ because I am reinvesting into the site for promotion purposes. Especially in the begining the early submitters are inturn helping with the promotion of the directory in return helping themselves.

James,

Are people really, "paying" to be in a objective web, "directory"?

If so, why?

Yahoo's $299 directory is only purchased by the newbies (This is only my opinion, based on advice of 10 year e-commerce vets), whom receive questionable advice from so-called, "experts" like Allan G, Corey R. Wally...never mind. Blah lol.

Can you just give me a few reasons why I should pay to be included in a directory, when I could submit to DMOZ, absolutely free?

Thanks, and I wish you well.

Paul

Paul,
I am sure Juke will give you a very good reason why you should submit your site to his web directory, I will give you the reason why you cannot rely on DMOZ.
To get your site listed in DMOZ (If its listed at all) there is a waiting time of 4 months or more. Just visit DMOZ and see how many categories have no editor.
In light of the above I would argue that you need to submit your site to Juke's directory and mine www.haabaa.co.uk and every directory you can afford to submit your website to.
Temi

Juke,
My submission is the second one on this page: http://www.aroundtheweb.com/7.html (www.velnet.com). I am not saying your services are expensive but you face quite a stiff competition in the directory market (including competition from my own directory which is completely free at present and has a PR5: www.haabaa.co.uk).
some pretty well established directories charge about $10 for inclusion and I would argue that most people will go for those that yours if you do not get your pricing right.

I am saying this because I want your site to succeed not to criticise you.
Temi

juke said:
temi said:
Juke,
Temi

What URL did you submit? I get alot of spam submissions so if you didn't pay I reject the listing at the moment.

$7.50 for a one time submission to the directory is a huge discount in big picture already I think. Even when the price is raised to $15 (most likely will occur a few days after the next PR update (hint)) still will be one of the cheaper directories to submit to.

Currently I'm not seeing any of the submission $ because I am reinvesting into the site for promotion purposes. Especially in the begining the early submitters are inturn helping with the promotion of the directory in return helping themselves.

Temi,

"Just visit DMOZ and see how many categories have not editor."

You're on to something here. :wink:

lol

Paul

Paul,
DMOZ is an excellent project but a failing one, you can wait for years to have a site listed. (If its listed at all).
Temi

Paul_KY said:
Are people really, "paying" to be in a objective web, "directory"?

If so, why?

Yes Since launch first week of last month I have over 30 paid submissions.

The reason people are submitting to directories like mine is a fairly simple one (to get a one one anchor text back link to their site with out having to exchange links or pay high $ to other directories.

A lot of SEO pros are saying that one way links are going to be more important over time so a directory makes much since.

Yes there are directories that are cheaper and have been established longer than AroundTheWeb.com but there nothing saying you can submit to all of them...

I really don't consider my self to being in competion with other directories like bluefind and sevenseek but just providing another alternative for affordable directory submissions which are important part of any SEO strategy.

Juke,

Thank you for explaining, and not taking my question, or at least not appearing to take it, as some form of a, "slam".

I now see your point. And a very good one at that.

Given that, and based on my knowledge of DMOZ, I can make a more educated decision, regarding directories.

One thing though, and again, I hope this isn't taken as an, "insult" or, “slamâ€Â...

If I told you Yahoo/MSN/Google, etc. were looking for other sources, other than directories, would you still consider, "directories" worth paying for, including, "Paid Inclusion"?

Thanks, and again, welcome to UKWMW.

Paul

Paul_KY said:
One thing though, and again, I hope this isn't taken as an, "insult" or, “slamâ€Â...

If I told you Yahoo/MSN/Google, etc. were looking for other sources, other than directories, would you still consider, "directories" worth paying for, including, "Paid Inclusion"?

Just as FYI I don't take much as a slam I've been doing forums too long to take anything personal b/c forums are made to voice peoples opinion.

I agree with you that they do look for other sources other than directories. Directories is just one part of the total SEO strategy.
(I know I don't depend on directories only either... :) just one of my strategies.. )

juke,

Do you trade submissions for services?

As far as DMOZ goes...

7 months and still waiting :cry:

backpackearth said:

I have in past. example Someone Designed the logo for the directory and I included his site. but I have not made a major habit.

But I have refrained from trading links for entry into the directory but I don't want to rule anything out.

backpackearth said:
As far as DMOZ goes...

7 months and still waiting :cry:

In over 2 years I have only gotten 1 site in and it took me over a year to get VT-Football.com in the directory still waiting months for others sites.

Juke,

IMHO, you need to edit your last post. Take out the text...well, you know.

In all honesty, though I know how the politics at DMOZ goes, no search engine wants to be part of, "handshake" deals between webmasters/editors. Although, 90%, IMHO, of, "Money Making" listings in DMOZ, are :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...if you know what I mean.

Hey, hope all had a great Labor Day Weekend.

Again, very happy to be associated with this board.

Thanks, Temi.

Paul

Paul_KY said:
IMHO, you need to edit your last post. Take out the text...well, you know.

In all honesty, though I know how the politics at DMOZ goes, no search engine wants to be part of, "handshake" deals between webmasters/editors. Although, 90%, IMHO, of, "Money Making" listings in DMOZ, are :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...if you know what I mean.

Not quite certain why I should edit my post I was simply stating in over the past two years I only had one site to make it in the dmoz, and still waiting on several others to be sumited I think this is a very common experience that many webmasters who submit their site to dmoz.

I did have a good weekend.. thanks Hope everyone else did too...

James,

I'm talking about this part: "backpackearth wrote:

I have in past. example Someone Designed the logo for the directory and I included his site. but I have not made a major habit.

But I have refrained from trading links for entry into the directory but I don't want to rule anything out."

I'm sure it wouldn't surprize anyone that some SE folks frequent webmaster related boards VERY OFTEN. I wouldn't tip my hat, if you know what I mean :wink:

Best of Luck with the directory.

Paul

I still don't see anything wrong with the statement that juke made. Temi can you clarify?

Emm, umm,
I think there is some confusion some where, I don't exactly know where perhaps someone will care to enlighten me, Paul, have I missed something?

Temi

Ok, I'll try to be more specific...

Let's say you're a search engine. Heck, let's say you're Google. You rely on directories to help fill your ALGO with relevant listings. It's been said lol that, "Human" edited directories can produce more relevant results because, #1, SEO tricks don't work with, "Humans" and, #2, the editors are assumed to be objective (HAHA @That). But anyway, that's the case in point.

You decide to rely mostly on directories such as, "DMOZ". You trust them, as they've assured you their editors are unbiased and very knowledgeable about the field, which they're editors in. Only the most relevant, content rich sites get it, right? Any, "deals" between editors and webmasters, oh, not good, correct?

OK, so, just like Googleguy frequents the searchengineforums dot com board (He even says Hi/part of the discussions at times), let's say he comes here, as a guest. He reads through the posts, perhaps looking for any info he can get in relation to SEO, or how we may have, "decoded" their ALGO. Then all of the sudden, BAM :idea: , he sees the owner of a directory (Let's say that directory is DMOZ) answering a question like this, "Do you trade submissions for services?", with a, "I have in past. example Someone Designed the logo for the directory and I included his site. but I have not made a major habit." Googleguy goes... :shock:

Does this make any sense now?

Search engine personnel DO frequent msg boards, A LOT.

I hope this helps. And of course, as always, it's JMHO.

Paul

banners
Back