The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Are you overweight?

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
All 5 Star members are in great shape with perfect bodies. All are nice and lean. Every 5 Star member is always being asked how they manage to keep looking so great and others want to know how they can get their bodies to look that way. That happens to you all the time, doesn't it?

This will also be seen by visitors and many of them will not be in the fantastic shape that 5 Star members are. I'm writing this for their benefit. :)

We often see, read and hear about the importance of nutrition and physical exercise. We also know there are health dangers associated with being overweight or obese.

I'm providing a link to a terrific source of a lot of information about nutrition and weight. It has information for children, teenagers and adults.

The first thing you probably would want to check is their BMI Calculator. This will give you your Body Mass Index. It is available in both the English and Metric versions.

You enter your height and weight. It will then show you your Body Mass Index (BMI). It will calcuate a number for you and indicate if you are underweight, normal, overweight or obese. You will be able to figure out what your weight should be to be in your desired classification if you aren't already.

Here is a question that gets asked very often:
If an athlete or other person with a lot of muscle has a BMI over 25, is that person still considered to be overweight?

According to the BMI weight status categories, anyone with a BMI over 25 would be classified as overweight and anyone with a BMI over 30 would be classified as obese.

It is important to remember, however, that BMI is not a direct measure of body fatness and that BMI is calculated from an individual?s weight which includes both muscle and fat. As a result, some individuals may have a high BMI but not have a high percentage of body fat. For example, highly trained athletes may have a high BMI because of increased muscularity rather than increased body fatness. Although some people with a BMI in the overweight range (from 25.0 to 29.9) may not have excess body fatness, most people with a BMI in the obese range (equal to or greater than 30) will have increased levels of body fatness.

It is also important to remember that weight is only one factor related to risk for disease. If you have questions or concerns about the appropriateness of your weight, you should discuss them with your healthcare provider.
Here is the link so you can check everything out for yourself and get some idea about yourself http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/index.htm

Well Trudat, it looks as if that would put you in the normal range.

That is no surprise. We both know that all 5 Star members are in fantastic shape and are all lean and fit. Just being a 5 Star member gets you into great condition. ;)

Why do you think I joined this forum in the first place? Because I was looking for new venues for gathering affiliate marketing information and insight? Yeah right. I'm just here for the good looks.
laughing.gif

Oh-oh everyone at 5 Star EXCEPT ME, the owner is in great shape.

I spend WAY to much time sitting to be in good shape. :p

Thanks Larry I do want to lose some weight and now I HAVE to
to fit in will all the other 5 Star hotties! :p

In January of last year I was 195 pounds, up from 135 a few years before that. My body decided to give me a cease and desist notice on gaining weight. I was actually trying to hit 200 pounds!!!! I got stomach pains and threw up a lot. It was like like my stomach had anorexia!! Eat dinner...and then throw it up!! By May I FINALLY went to the Doctor...when I had my next check-up scheduled. The next month I had surgery. It was Crohn's Disease. I lost a little bit of small and large intestines, and the appendix...and lived in the hospital for a week on a feeding tube, since the intestines shut down to rest. The appendix was ready to burst!! When I got out of the hospital, I was back down to 135 pounds. Now I got an average weight, 155-165 pounds.

Never eat sugar to try to get fat!!!!!

WOW Ninno. I'm glad you are OK. I've heard Crohns is a nightmare!

HOWEVER, I do wish my body would just give me a LIGHT cease and desist.
I do fine all day, but at night once I sit down to rest and watch TV I eat constantly.

I guess if I never rested and just worked all night too (which I do sometimes) then I would not have time to snack. :p But gee whiz 80 hours a week is enough. My carpal won't let me work more than that.

I have it pretty easy. I hate sweets. I've always hated chocolate to some degree (I did eat the occasional milk chocolate bar etc, but never to excess), but now sweets seem like such a big waste of calories. I refuse to eat such empty calories, unless I'm under serious physical strain (sports, long hikes etc) in which case a sugar surge is greatly welcome. Besides that, I don't really like food just for the sake of eating it or its taste. I only eat when I'm hungry, and then I eat just enough to not be hungry anymore (Unless its some really tasty food! But that's not the point.:p) I guess my taste buds just don't give enough of a hoot for me to act on it. lol I'm sure it also has plenty to do with the fact that my mom's a health freak and a vegetarian; the older I get the more I love my fruits and veggies.

Nintendo, for a long time I have thought you were a very interesting person. I still do. Possibly you should consider writing a book about your life. Better still, make it an eBook. ;)

Linda, 80 hours of work a week is just enough to start getting warmed up. :)

Linda Buquet said:
I've heard Crohns is a nightmare!

That's what I always hurd. The Doc I go to for check-ups every six months says having to go #2 atleast 10 times a day is normal...yet I just go once or twice a day. I don't have any problems from Crohns!

Larwee said:
Nintendo, for a long time I have thought you were a very interesting person. I still do. Possibly you should consider writing a book about your life. Better still, make it an eBook. ;)

I've never been good at all at writing stuff!! For content on sites, I've always relied on visitors sending stuff in, or using stuff like articles...writen by other people!!!

Jee Willicurs!

All this talk about being over weight! I guess I am glad i don't have that problem. But, what i do have to contend with is the problem of being underweight! I can't seem to keep a pound on me. My doctors are concerned. I have to avoid low fat products like the plague. I have to drink whole milk and eat high calory foods. Still, it seems that I have a hard time.

I have searched the net for help and find most things are tailored to problems with weight gain. To me it is not a surprise since obesity is the common problem. I am just being creative for the time being and sticking with my doctor.

Sometimes, it can get so bad that I can lose eight pounds in two weeks. Right now, I look like a sick anerexic when in fact, I am not. I am sick of hearing people ask me, "Are you anerexic?" or "Do you EVER eat?" I hate being given a label for something I can't help. So, if anyone has this problem or knows something about it, please offer any advice. Trust me, it's welcome.

Sorry to get off topic. i just thought this was a good place to put it. I am a Five star member that looks practically sick. I'm losing my shape because I can't maintain the weight. But, when the weight is stable, I look good!

Hi reina,

Do you have heart palpations? Are you losing your hair??? Extreme fatigue but still you can't sleep? My daughter all of a sudden lost a ton of weight and we found out she had GRAVES disease. Which also by the way can effect vision and in extreme cases can cause blindness. It can also cause death if left untreated.

My daughter was recently diagnosed, one of the reasons I try to help her a lot with the baby. She opted for medication instead of surgery and is starting to do much better. Already gained back 18 pounds and has regained some strength and a little energy - but still she has a long way to go.

Doubt this is what is happening to you, but thought I'd share the info in case it helps you or someone else.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/6/1680_53565.htm

Is that *THE* Nintendo from DP and Sitepoint?

Anyway, my Doctor told me to lose some weight. :(

6'4'' and about 210lbs at the moment - it's a work in progress.

Rob_TID, I can confirm that the Nintendo you see here at 5 Star is that same Nintendo. He and I first met each other in another community which you didn't mention.

Linda Buquet said:
Hi reina,

Do you have heart palpations? Are you losing your hair??? Extreme fatigue but still you can't sleep? My daughter all of a sudden lost a ton of weight and we found out she had GRAVES disease. Which also by the way can effect vision and in extreme cases can cause blindness. It can also cause death if left untreated.

My daughter was recently diagnosed, one of the reasons I try to help her a lot with the baby. She opted for medication instead of surgery and is starting to do much better. Already gained back 18 pounds and has regained some strength and a little energy - but still she has a long way to go.

Doubt this is what is happening to you, but thought I'd share the info in case it helps you or someone else.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/6/1680_53565.htm

No, i have no heart problems. I am pretty healthy with the exception of a parasitic condition that I must contend with permently. As a matter of fact, i was cleared and qualified as a living kidney donor. My father is having kidney trouble, and I have heavily considered being a donor for him since I am a universal donor. It's just that I can't maintain my weight well. I guess it's a good thing and a bad one at the same time. And, don't worry, I still have a beautiful head of hair--curly and thick as ever.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I am glad she is getting back on her feet again. And, what's more, you have just given me another interesting topic to research. I love researching things, especially things having to do with diseases and medical with the exception of Internet marketing.

MI
Back