The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are you happy with your results?

bluedot83

We pay top dollar to an affiliate management firm that recruits all of our affiliates, sign ups, etc but I have to be honest - we are not happy with their services. I am not sure if it is because of the products we sell or whether our site is not set up properly - or simply that the company who is managing our affiliate program is not doing their job? They have a number of other big name clients in their portfolio and was just wondering what I could do in order to help increase our affiliate traffic?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

-------------------------------

TheBlueDot.net pays you top dollar for your used cell phones.

Its hard to say where you should put the blame. Its also hard to know without more information. First of all, how long have you been using their services? It takes time to build an affiliate base so they may not have had enough time to see real results. It could also have to do with your affiliate payouts. If an affiliate doesn't feel like they will make enough commission on the sales, then they will find a different product that will pay enough. It may also have to do with your creatives. If the banners do not draw enough attention, the product will not convert. If the service has reputable clients, then I'd be surprised that they're not doing their job, just because the other clients would have dropped them by now. If you have only been with them for a short time, then I'd just wait a little longer. I would also talk to your affiliate manager and see if they have any suggestions about how to increase affiliate traffic. He/she will know your program well enough to give you some specific advise about improvement.

There is also another aspect that was not covered, and that is that you may only need 2 or 3 super affiliates, not 2 or 3 thousand. also as EmpyreAndrea stated, the time you have been with them may not be long enough. You need to give them at least 6 months to see if they are effective.

I know I am never the first to to join a program. I want to see a stable EPC or a high gravity before I invest in a site and everything that goes with it.

If it is the company I think it is that is running your program, they have a solid and proven record in the business. The best thing to do is to communicate your concerns with them and see what their take is on why things are the way they are. I know as an outsourced affiliate manager myself there can sometimes be issues with the merchant that hold back the management firm from fully promoting a merchant like they should. It could well be the case here. If you have very strict rules regarding certain aspects of your program, it may be a very hard job for your affiliate management team.

Regardless, give them a call and discuss what both of you might be able to do, ways you can experiment perhaps, to increase sales or to get top affiliates into our program.

wow, that's a lot of affiliates. don't know the firm so can't remark on them. if you're unhappy though you need to talk to them AFTER you identify exactly why you're unhappy. maybe there are ways to work it out.

It's easy, you started with x affiliates before you hired them.

Now you have y affiliates.

If x - y is negative or equal, then they're not doing their job.

It's up to them to fix it, but you need to give them a chance to do so.

MI
Back