The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are You Carrying Extra Baggage?

jumar112

affiliate
Now that a new year is here, I realized how much extra baggage I was carrying in affiliate marketing.

Through the year, I find different webmasters "newsletters" that I believe will help me learn new information but once I receive the first couple of "newsletters" from them, it is always the same information they send...

Buy this, Buy that, You really need to Buy this also!

So I try at the beginning of the year, go through my e-mails and if that is all the webmaster has been sending me, I opt out.

And yes, I even like to sign up to see the "Free Greatest Report Ever Made". Then, of course, they have your e-mail address and start with the Buy this scenario.

I have noticed a new trend when I am opting out of lists. The webmasters are asking "Why are you leaving?" I do tell them that I don't need e-mails every day about the newest, greatest information I need to buy on the Internet that will show me how to make a billion dollars in 6 hours.

With so many "free" reports and such that I have downloaded, it seems also that my computer needs a cleaning also.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great free reports on line, but many times they get lost in my computer so I try to do early "spring cleaning" and put those together in a folder.

I have to wonder, am I the only one that has all this "extra baggage"?

I hear you, jumar, and totally empathize. In fact, I'm doing the same thing as a "NY Resolution" - clearing out all the junk, although some are difficult to get rid of, I'm learning.

Then to add insult to injury, I had one site who really has good info (along with a plethora of ads tho) who's newsletters I sincerely enjoyed and learned from but there was one topic i had signed up for that I found I didn't really need. I went to unsub from it and it wouldn't let me, telling me their system didn't "accept emails with the word 'webmaster' in it" - what?? It let me sign up with that email address but wouldn't let me unsub. Incredible. So then I tried to contact them and all they had was a contact for and THAT was rejected because of my e-mail address (an address, I might ad, I've been using for 10 years now). I had to use another email address, try to explain, etc. It was a mess...then I was told I couldn't be found. On and on it went.

Sigh.

banners
Back