The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are there any good guides on how to write an ad on Bing?

Hi guys, I'm would like to do a direct linking campaign on Bing but I'm wondering if there are any good copywriting guides on writing ads?

Thanks

about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/training/writing-an-effective-ad

Bing Ad Parameters

Ad title

25 characters
Expanded --> 90 characters: Supports three deadlines, up to 30 characters each, seperated by a space, vertical bar, and space ("|")

Ad text
71 characters
Expanded --> 180 characters: Supports two descriptions, up to 90 characters each

Display URL
35 characters
Expanded --> Domain and subdomain automatically generated from your final URL (preserving capitaliation) plus two customizable URL paths

Example Bing Ad

effective-ppc-copywriting-and-ad-copy-tips-001.png

Advanced

Bings Ads study is here --> Microsoft Advertising Certification study guide or another Bing course

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm would like to do a direct linking campaign on Bing but I'm wondering if there are any good copywriting guides on writing ads?

Thanks

I think people overcomplicate this copyrighting thing. You can check out the book cashvertising from Drew Eric Whitman if you need a reference. People buy based on emotions. If you can tap into that, you will be golden.

A simple way and/or shortcut is to type your keyword on bing and see the ads that show up in the top positions. Study them to see how they are written. Don't copy them verbatim but rather use the same style.

There are also plenty of PPC spy tools out there to get you started if required (spyfu, semrush, ispionage, etc...)

I wish you success in your venture.

MI
Back