The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Are comissions paid for extra added products on the merchant's cart?

Cobo

affiliate
00Hello all,

I'm just trying to get started with the affiliate world and discovered this great forum.

I for now have a simple doubt: when I refer someone to an online shop via an affiliate link, if that user gets to the shop, adds more products and then buys them all (the one I original referred and some more he/she adds), do merchants normally pay comission on those extra products or just the original referred one? Or does it depend on the network and/or merchant?

Thank you very much for helping! Cheers!

I believe it depends on the product or seller. What you describe is the way it works for Amazon: you get credit for any item(s) purchased within 24 hours of clicking through from your affiliate link.

Hi cobo, welcome.

Normally you get paid for any product. Because many times you are just linking to the merchant's home page not a specific product. Often you get paid even if the customer does not buy today but comes back a week or month later too.

It all depends as minstrels says on how the program is set up and how long the cookies are. Amazon is 24 hour, some are a month, some are even a year. Just depends.

Hello both and thank you for helping!

I know about the cookie length, I didn't know about that bit of sometimes linking just to the homepage and if everything counts or not.

I guess I'll have to do some deep research of my niche to find out what is the standard practice, but it is good to know comission on everything is usual :).

Thanks a lot!

MI
Back