The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anything better than wordpress and blogger.com?

That would depend entirely on exactly what you want to use it for really.

Off the top of my head, there are some good alternatives, but as to whether they are "better", one man's meat is another man's gravy.

Some of the better known are Movabletype, Typepad, Nucleus CMS, B2Evolution and then there are all the CMS platforms, things like Joomla and Drupal being probably the two widest known.

There is some good reading about choosing a blogging platform here at ProBlogger

Better for what? Blogging? Content Management? Building an affiliate website?

To echo Cayman's sentiments, it really depends on what you're looking to do.

If you're talking in terms of user support/documentation/community, then WP and Blogger have two of the strongest, as does Joomla and Drupal. (MT's is growing, but you must consider that they are commercial, therefore tech support is implied.)

~ Teli

Content Management System

Better for what? Blogging? Content Management? Building an affiliate website?

To echo Cayman's sentiments, it really depends on what you're looking to do.

If you're talking in terms of user support/documentation/community, then WP and Blogger have two of the strongest, as does Joomla and Drupal. (MT's is growing, but you must consider that they are commercial, therefore tech support is implied.)

~ Teli

You are right, of course, It's 'horses for courses'. However, if you want to be in total control of your web business from membership management, sales, payments, affiliate management, web design, article directories to uploading videos, audios etc, a good content management system is essential. And this is true particularly if you are not a 'techhie' and would rather drive the vehicle than learn how to put the engine together, so to speak.

I've recently begun to use a content management system and I've been very impressed by its performance. For a start, I do not need to use an FTP to upload my files to the server. A click of my mouse does it instantly. I can make changes to content very quickly. I can change templates with a few clicks. This particular CMS has onboard video tutorials to refer to if you forget how to do something. The downside? Well, it is rather expensive but if you are serious about earning a living from the web, consider the cost a good investment.

I wonder if other forum members have good or bad experiences of using a CMS.

banners
Back