The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Anybody here offering Email Marketing as a service?

black dragon

affiliate
Hey guys,

I have a small marketing agency and get asked frequently to manage email marketing for my clients, but i wanted to ask if anybody here is offering that and how you manage that exactly?

Let me explain what i mean: when you offer this service do you open an account with say aweber for the client but you control the account as well as the emails that get send out, or do you tell the client to open an account and you (the agency) sends the emails through their account? Or if they already have some account with an email provider just ask them access and send the emails in their name (hope this makes sence :) )

Thanks in advance,

I know exactly what you mean.

Re you signing up an account for your client...you will be billed monthly, not them. Well, unless they give you their cc number. :) Careful there. If they don't pay you, or take their business elsewhere, you're stuck with the bill, along with the possibility of someone else having access. A good reason to make sure everyone knows who owns the account and the content. A contract is usually a good idea.

There are two ways to work it, I think. Either you have full access, or you send them the emails to add to their funnel(s).

Sounds to me though, like they don't want to be hands on. In that case, you could offer to manage their existing account(s). Then they could set it up and you're ready to rock and roll. :)

I know exactly what you mean.

Re you signing up an account for your client...you will be billed monthly, not them. Well, unless they give you their cc number. :) Careful there. If they don't pay you, or take their business elsewhere, you're stuck with the bill, along with the possibility of someone else having access. A good reason to make sure everyone knows who owns the account and the content. A contract is usually a good idea.

There are two ways to work it, I think. Either you have full access, or you send them the emails to add to their funnel(s).

Sounds to me though, like they don't want to be hands on. In that case, you could offer to manage their existing account(s). Then they could set it up and you're ready to rock and roll. :)

Makes sense, thanks for the info AZgold

Yeah, you should get them to open an account and then just ask for the account to manage it. Should be much less risk for you that way.

On the other hand, you can probably get away with charging much more if you're doing the "full package" yourself. These people like the hands off approach where you're taking care of everything and are willing to pay more for it. While it is a bit more risk for you (although if you're asking for money up-front, not really that much), there's a really nice bonus for doing it this way. If your client ever decides to stop using your services, you get an email list.

If your client ever decides to stop using your services, you get an email list.

That's why a contract is a good idea. A client may not see it that way and want what s/he considers to be his/her list.

To overcome this problem you need to set up your personal autoresponder. You'll find several autoresponder script available on the market. Just adjust your setting with mandrill or any other SMTP server you afford.

What I have experienced over the years is being able to sign up for new accounts, then I am able to run and manage them. The only thing that the client does is being able to login and see the progress of my work. We share same credentials but I fully manage the accounts. That is for my part that is.

MI
Back