The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any webmaster here earning a living online??

A

ablaye

Just curious. How many webmasters here are making enough money from their online activities and don't have to get a job???
I have been a webmaster for years and still not making enough to sustain a living from my websites. I wish I could quit my job and become a full-time webmaster, but I am years away from this!!!

I think it depends on what aspect of webmastering you are involved in. There was a very old member of this forum who does not come often any more (now too rich) he makes several thousands every month.
There a few other members I know who live quite comfortably from their online activities. But they usually find a niche and establish themselves in that niche. Perhaps you need to identify a niche and give you activities in that niche a good push and wait till return is enough to live on and then give up your day job.

I don't make a comfortable living, but I get by on earnings from internet ventures. I do a lot of graphics work and PHP coding for different people. I also make about $100.00 in ads*nce in a month.

Its very much up and down for me.
Trouble is i keep changing direction too quick.
My best results were on ebay but the hassle of customers buying things they dont understand then complaining for no reason was just too much so i stopped.

There is plenty of money to be made. using PPC to arbitrage Affiliate offers for example.

If you have an affiliate product that pays you £20 , and you are paying £1.30 per click and get a 1:5 conversion ration, then for every £13 you spend you gross £40 (2 conversions @ 1:5). This leaves you with £27 profit. I convert about 6 per day in this particular instance, which pays £81 a day Net of costs. (these are actual stats)

The trick is though to redirect the click throughs so that the affiliate company does not grab the phrases I am using/ so all they get is kw12, kw15 etc means nothing to them, but plenty to me because I know that kw12 = a certain set of keywords.

I am doing full time all my activities online. I do not have any jobs. Earning is not satisfactory still now.

webmaster revenue

We're doing very well with private label exchange hosting - thru intermedia.net's program. intermedia.net/resellers/resellers.asp

Also depends where you are living! UK cost of living is really high compared with other countries, and the internet economy doesn’t care for your cost of living, you get paid the same amount :)

A good strategy is to go live in a nice place with a very low cost of living, only requirement is t have good internet connection :)

Will somebody elaborate as to how and where a site optimizer and content writer make extra buck online. I will be grateful!~~~~~

Will somebody elaborate as to how and where a site optimizer and content writer make extra buck online. I will be grateful!~~~~~
Research the keywords, write the content, optimise the site, and place affiliate/adsense ads on the site. Repeat until financially comfortable :)

Online jobs (freelancing)

Research the keywords, write the content, optimise the site, and place affiliate/adsense ads on the site. Repeat until financially comfortable :)

Thnx....but are there online jobs where in u can write content...optimise site and promote ,,all online and freelance...or any one or two of the above

There are several online jobs you can do the above, you just have to choose a topic you are very familiar with, research it even more and then create a site for it.

If you are good enough to charge other people for the work, then you are good enough to have your own sites. However, if that doesn't float your boat then you are going to have to hang out in places like getafrelancer and scriptlance.com bidding on work for other people.

MI
Back