The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Any good books on SEO?

kenpachi

affiliate
I'm kind of struggling with SEO and ways to generate traffic, so I want to make an effort to really understand SEO and which techniques provide the best bang for the buck. I have googled around and read enough "top x SEO lists" that rehash the same things over and over, and I'm kind of put off by ebooks.

Could anyone recommend a good book that actually provides good SEO strategies and how to go about implementing them? If not, how did you guys learn SEO - if anything, just to the point where you guys could see your work pay off?

Thanks!

Stop Reading SEO Books and Get Practical..... its just waste of time & money....practice make man perfect & gets to learn more.....

Thanks for the advice, I did take the "do first" attitude for my first two sites and it didn't turn out so great. I do admit that I have learned a ton of valuable information that probably wouldn't have stuck any other way.

Since posting I did find an SEO book and have gone through it, and most of it was basic and almost all common sense, but it did help a bit:)

If you are new to seo, the best on the market is "seo made easy by brad callen"

It gives you an understanding, it is detailed, and simple language you can follow as a beginner, just do not use link exchange. Do a search for it as I have it in quotes and you will find it, it is free. Then look for link building threads here on 5 star and learn the right way to build traffic and links.

Sorry for being so blunt, but LeadinBiz, motivation without any direction will get you nothing but frustration. you have to understand the basic concepts before you can be successful in SEO.

Take your time, learn the basics then expand from there.

The best way to learn SEO is practice,only you do it ,you could know what is seo and which one you can use,which one is bad for you.

You can find everything you need to know about SEO online. There's no need to go out and purchase a book. Actually, some of the best places to learn are on forums. There are plenty of helpful ones that can be found through google. Also, there's no replacement for practice and persistence. Learn a little, do a little, learn a little, do a little.

Helpful

Thanks for the SEO advice. Being kind of new, it makes sense to me to figure out the basics. If you do jump in and learn by doing, isn't it a trial and error sort of thing and a waste of getting a start down the right path? Couldn't we struggle along and not really know any better?
Jan

Yes, that is why I stated to get the free ebook in an earlier. This will give you a basic understanding, will cost you nothing but the time to read and study. Then you can experiment from there, learn from this forum and practice what you have learned.

Like I stated earlier, you can not start from nothing and expect to get decent results in a decent amount of time, where you can if you have the basics.

It would hard to change a flat tire if you do not even know you need a jack and lug wrench to get the job done, or even worse, not even know what they are used for.

Use some common sense and you will do fine.

One I started reading recently: "Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day," by Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin. It's fairly good.

But, I have to tell ya, that as far as SEO books go, the best one I have come across is Planet Ocean's ebook (Search Engine News - Search Engine Marketing Strategies from Planet Ocean). Aaron Wall's book follows that (though it is a bit less readable). Both are updated regularly. If you're tired of reading them on your monitor, just print them out and put them in a binder. Happy reading!

MI
Back