The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Any Dish Network Affiliates Here?

I have been an affiliate for them for over a year, so I could not tell you. VMC satellite is another you could use. The plus about them is they try to sell dish network first, then, if the customers credit is not up to par, they try directv.

So you have an automatic chance with directv.

Saveology Network will do the same but will also offer Comcast, Time Warner Cable, At&T Uverse, and Verizon Fios.

Any problems that Revenue Allies had in the past will not be the same with Saveology Network. With our re-branding also came a new respect for the affiliate so I will do what it takes to make sure any past issues won't arise again.

Regards,

:) Ah ..George why such a safe response to my inquiry? Do you really think that I would have made all this fuss over 3 sales - 2 which now magically disappeared? Of course I was not expecting to get paid. I find it alarming that one would have to come to a forum to get any response at all from an affiliate company. That's new respect? Even more alarming is the fact that it took over a year to tell me that my sales disappeared (I had more than 3) and that I did not hit the $100 threshold. You could have just sent a simple email. We are not all noobs here George.....

I have had trouble with several satellite companies as an affiliate (none associated with George), you just have to get the right affiliate manager and build a relationship with them and let them know you are not a noob. The biggest issue is the phone number on the sites. A lot of times, when they call, they do not give the referal id (promo code) and you lose the sale because of that.

I delivered over 85k clicks to one in 90 days, and not one sale, then had others that converted 1 out of 300, and that was the best I have found so far.

The problem with the phones is a lot of times, the operators will not even ask for it, and if they do, the caller has no clue as to what they are talking about and does not get the operator the nessary code for the affiliate to get credit.

I know this because i had a toll free number that recorded the calls with a legal warning to see why conversions was so bad in the industry. About half of the time, the operators did not ask, and when they did, the callers were clueless, and I think because of the way the operator asked. They asked something like this " Do you have a promotion or coupon code that was sent to you? Customer: No, I got your information or phone number on a website. Operator: Ok, let me go over your order...

The satellite industry has a long way to go to have and keep top affiliates.

Good points Jim!

The 1st 800 tracking I helped set up was for an affiliate program I managed. (was not a dish merchant) But of course the phone reps were at corporate headquarters and not under my direct control. The HUMAN element involved in phone tracking of affiliate orders is a major problem, for all the reasons Jim mentioned. It was SOOOO frustrating I almost dropped the client over it.

It's really hard to get phone reps to ask for the priority code (or whatever the merchant chooses to label the aff ID) and then get them to record the ID and then the 3rd step - get a system in place to be sure all those phone transactions get uploaded to the affiliate tracking system so affiliates get paid.
It's a big problem.

I agree 100% Linda.

There are a lot of people who probably a lot smarter than you and I together and they have not come up with a full solution to this problem as of yet, and like you stated, as long as we have the human element involved, I doubt that we ever will see the perfect solution.

I would suggest that the satellite companies look into a PPC type of payment system to get the traffic and pay affiliate with some kind of keyword tracking or analytics system for traffic analysis. They could track the quality of the referals, and better quality traffic should pay more, so they are not wasting money on trash traffic from scammers.

But, there are holes in that type of system also. We just need to wait on the Bill Gates of satellite affiliate programs I guess.

True Jim!

Although I haven't looked into it yet, I would think the new call tracking solutions that networks like CJ and Shareasale have implemented probably take the human element out out it and handle the tracking for the merchant. However there is probably an extra cost and the merchant has to buy into it. Also for satellite companies in particular, I think many of them have in-house programs so can't take advantage of those network solutions.

MI
Back