The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any Blogger users?

S

SkinnerW

I am sure there are some webmasters using Google's Blogger.

What's good about it? First of all it's free. I actually try to reserve Blogspot domain every time new idea comes to mind. :D

Second positive - you have full flexibility to customize look of your blog. Wordpress is charging people for the right to customize CSS if they host your blog...

One more very important thing - you get some free traffic from the Blogger top bar.

Anyone has positive or negative experience with Blogger? Lets hear it...

I think all the stuff you list above are excellent advantages of blogspot sub domain, one big draw back is that you are stuck with that domain permanently, you cannot move away from it or sell it. The was a guy on V7N last week or so trying to sell one, he was told its against blogsport terms to sell it.

I will not invest a lot of promotion energy in a sub domain I cannot move or sell.

Hmmm I didn't know anything about the ability to buy and sell domains being banned by blogspot. Can you transport the entire blog and then sell it? Also why would you want to do so? Is the idea to build a ot of traffic first then sell it to someone else when you don't want to manage it anymore?

SuperSkyRockets,
Blogspot site are a sub domain of blogspot.com so you can move the contents but you certainly cannot move the url. That is the disadvantage over hosting your own blogs on your own domain name.

I had bad experience with wordpress hosted blog, they removed it after I spent 5 months on generating traffic. From that moment I'm with blogspot. I guess it was my fault after all cause I didn't read TOS. However with blogger you can do whatever you like and lately there are very good templates and hacks for it.

You are still prefer not to have self-hosted blog? You can have much more flexibility with both softwares (blogger and wordpress) if you host it on your own server...

I know but I just don't need self-hosted blog, yet. I guess maybe that's next logical step, getting wordpress and domain, but I'm still not there.

I used to have wordpress.com hosted blogs but I got banned :( So I feel more comfortable now with my blogger blogs. :applause:

And in regards to selling them, I know several guys doing that. I think you can transfer a blogspot.com blog to a buyer by creating a new user with admin features, then deleting the old user, that way, he'll get full control over.

I use blogger!
Its pretty userfriendly and fexible with its layouts etc.
Posting pictures are easy as you can upload directly from your computer to the post.

I've never had a blog hosted by anyone but myself. I went from tripod (heh) to my own domain/hosting within 6 months. If you wanna learn about webdesign/blogging the best way is to just splash out and get your own hosting package their not expensive at all nowadays!

banners
Back