The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Another great Affiliate Activation Example

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Just discovered an affiliate activation email strategy that I really like. The overall tone is really nicely done. For instance instead of the tacky "<em>since you are a lazy inactive affiliate, we're pulling the rug out from under you</em>" attitude too many AMs convey, it basically says, "<em>if you've decided you really aren't interested in promoting our program, please let me know & I'll stop bugging you</em>." ;-)

The activation email was written by Stephanie Pelton the Senior Manager of the <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.petcarerx.com/PCareRX/affiliate_link.aspx">PetCareRX affiliate program</a></strong>. Below are a couple key paragraphs that are nicely written - read the whole thing for more ideas. Jamie shares the full email & makes some great points about it.
<strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.jamiebirch.com/2007/06/affiliate-activation-email-review.html"> Affiliate Activation Email Review</a></strong> by Jamie Birch.

<blockquote>"Your time is valuable and we know that we're not the only advertiser in the CJ network contacting you. Something led you to apply to the PetCareRx affiliate program and I hope that we can encourage you to get started as an active publisher. Take advantage of the seasonality for PetCareRx, while many advertisers will see lower sales in the summer, this is the peak season for PetCareRx and you should see your sales grow significantly. Take advantage of this program to keep your commission check steady and offset the summer slow-down. Plus read on for some great bonuses we hope to give to you in return for getting started!

If you've since decided that you won't be able to promote PetCareRx on your site, please let me know and I'll remove you from the program and stop contacting you about getting started. "</blockquote>
Read the rest, then come back and tell us what you think!

MI
Back