The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

An Easy Way To Find Great Keywords

Bryan Zimmerman

Since I'm new to this forum I'd like to give a little and show a little trick I learned on how to easily find great keywords. I didn't see it posted anywhere so if it has been already I apologize.

Most people who don't use PPC will always post articles at ezine. Because 9 times out of 10 we won't ever be the first person to write an article on a niche that we have chosen, you can be there are probably 100 or so people that have written on it before us. There are a lot of big time marketers that post there as well.

So what you can do is to type into the search box up top at Ezine the subject that would most likely go along with your niche. This will pull up all the articles that are similar. Click on the first one and it will bring up the article. Now here's how you can get the keywords they are targeting. In the top left of YOUR tool bar right next to "file" and "edit" is the "view" tab. Click on it and then click on "source". You will now see a bunch of code, but look for this.
PHP:
<keywords>
Once you see this you will see every keyword that that article is targeting. If you go through all those articles you can bet you are going to find some really good ones with low competition!

Because you have some big time marketers in there posting articles, you can bet they know how to do proper keyword research. If you go through these articles and do this for each one, you will have a HUGE list of keywords. Now all you have to do is check the cometition for them. Hope this makes it a little easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
points to ponder

Good points to ponder. I know you already got there thus this tips. But care to update us with more easy to understand help?

Not sure I understand what your asking but I'll try to simplify it. Go to Ezine Article Submission - Submit Your Best Quality Original Articles For Massive Exposure, Ezine Publishers Get 25 Free Article Reprints Once you are there type what ever niche you are into in the "search" box located up at the top of the page. Lets say you are into the "dating niche" so you type in how to get an ex back. Once you hit search it will pull up a bunch of articles that pertain to "how to get an ex back", just like google would.

Pick an article and view it. Once you are on the article page go up to YOUR tool bar (depends on if your are using IE or Firefox) and you will see a line of tabs that read "file" "edit" "favorites" "tools" "help" you want to click on the "view" tab. That will open the drop box and you want to look for "source" which is about half way down. Click the "source" action and it should bring up something that looks like this:

Code:
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
meta http-*****="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
meta http-*****="Content-Language" content="en-us
meta name="description" content="How to Get Your Ex Back - The Simple Guide
[COLOR="red"]meta name="keywords" content="get ex back, win back ex, get ex girlfriend back, get ex boyfriend back, break up, breakup"[/COLOR]
ink rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico"
ink rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/style.css?v=200809270922"><link rel="search" title="EzineArticles.com"

You see where it says meta name="Keywords"? Well those words that come after it are the keywords that this article is targeting. If you do this for all the "most viewed" articles in that category you are going to get some good longtail keywords that not many people are targeting. They pretty much have done the work for you. Now all you need to do is check the competition for the keywords.

Hope that was a little more clear, if not let me know.:)

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that post. I am looking for all the simple strategies that i could get in building my keyword. Using too much keyword tools really complicates the process for a newbie like me.

but there are thousands of articles with the same keywords and we have to compete with them. what will we do next?

You didn't understand what I said. If you go through the articles on the "most viewed for 90 days" list and some of the others with the most views you are bound to find some keywords that have a very low competition. Write them down and spend some time checking cometition on google and how many searches a day those keywords get. Trust me there are some keywords that only a very few people are targeting in there, you just have to be willing to do some looking.

Check the competition and how many searches a day a group of keywords gets. If it gets good searches each day and the competition is low then you've got yourself a good set of keywords to use.

As far as competing in Ezine articles for keywords, make sure you put your keyword in the title, first paragraph, middle of the article and then in the resource box in Anchor Text.

Remember that even though there are a lot of articles, not all of them are targeting the same keywords. You don't get to see what keywords those articles are targeting unless you do what I said above. A lot of people don't even know that little trick. Not only that most people do not know how to optimize their article around keywords. If you only optimize it properly you will beat out probably 75% of the articles already.
:)

That second post with the example of code is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

This method is to target important keywords in your niche that are not very competitive -- do you mean competitive in the sens that there are not a lot of articles written about them, or competitive in the sense that not many people are searching these terms?

This method is to target important keywords in your niche that are not very competitive -- do you mean competitive in the sens that there are not a lot of articles written about them, or competitive in the sense that not many people are searching these terms?

Sorry, I wish I could have answered this sooner for you. I have been pretty busy lately.

What I mean by not very competitive is some of the keywords you will find this way will have a good number of daily searches but not alot of competing pages in google that are optimized for that perticular keyword phrase.

Here is an example:

Lets say you find a keyword phrase like : steps to get your ex girlfriend back

according to Wordtracker, this keyword phrase gets 23 searches per day. while that is not a lot of searches, it can still be worth going after. The amount of competing pages when you search for that keyword in quotes or "steps to get your ex girlfriend back" is only 15,600.

Even thought it has 15,600 competeing pages, I'll take that all day long. Here is why. If you look on the first page of google for that keyword without quotes, you will see that most of the top ranking sites are all free sites (ezine articles, buzzle, etc.) That means if you put in a little work, it won't be hard to get into the top 5 for this keyword. There are also a lot of paid advertisements (adwords) on the first couple of pages. That means people are paying to target that keyword. Somebody must be making money from that phrase or they would not be paying to have their adds there.

Now if you find a key word phrase that gets 100 searches a day and has that low of competition and lots of paid adds, then you just hit the jackpot.

The method that I started this thread with will allow you sometimes to find a gem of a keyword. Because somebody took the time to really dig and came up with a great long tail keyword phrase that most people do not know about. This is just a easy way to find great keywords. Just let somebody else to the work of finding them and you can reap the rewards from it.

If you are good at SEO, there is no reason that you cannot take over one of the top three slots in a few short months.

I had the code in the first post, I'm not sure where it went. I just noticed that it wasn't there. :D I can see how that would be confusing!;)

and your welcome. I got a good amount of help when I first started, I'm glad I can pass along some things that may make some people's experiance a little easier.

Bryan, thanks for your response. This is very good advice. I just wrote a blog entry in a very competitive niche, got on page 28, and thought...now there have to be other ways to do this without having to build up my PR etc.

And you know, doing what you suggested can be seen in one light: contributing even more to your niche by picking out those less-talked-about issues and addressing them for the benefit of everyone.

Thanks again!

Great tip Bryan, I still have not got a site up still trying to find a niche but that is a great tip for keywords thanks.

MI
Back