The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Amazon Affiliate Payments

espmartin

affiliate
I run Amazon Affiliate ads or a few on a few of my sites. I have made very,
very little in affiliate commission payments.

Has the Amazon Affiliate program been good for some of you?

No I can say it's not been a very good return for the space it takes up, as most people have got accounts with amazon. they tend go there to check on prices even if they see a banner.

Im looking at replacing all my affiliate banners with paid ads in the near future, lets face it there must 100 million websites with amazon banners...

Mike :)

Amazon payouts truly suck, but I stick with them ...

Im looking at replacing all my affiliate banners with paid ads in the near future, lets face it there must 100 million websites with amazon banners...

...are you intending selling ads yourself?

I run Amazon Affiliate ads or a few on a few of my sites. I have made very,
very little in affiliate commission payments.

Has the Amazon Affiliate program been good for some of you?

Similar experience to yours - lots of clicks but no sales - so no commissions - therefore removed amazon ads !

Ive seen some store's do ok with good revenue, usually these are well seo'd for that purpose though and in a niche that you'd think wasnt really worth the money, for example one i saw was aimed at the US and was purly skateboard stuff, genus idea and it was making a decent $800 amonth with 3 months of proof.

My three sites are all set up with selling Amazon products in mind, so as you`d expect, my Amazon commissions are pretty good.

Apart from that I have some text links on all three which are bought by advertisers, and a small amount of Google Adsense, though not as much as I once had since I decided to remove some of their ads.

It really depends what you are marketing and how you do so. Just sticking up some banners or creating an astore will not get you much income, even on a high traffic site.

From my understanding affiliates that do well from amazon make reccomendations and reviews of certain products and provide direct product links.

If you are relying on just banners, you have to ask "Why would anyone use your link to amazon when they know perfectly well what amazon is and how to get there?"

Generally I do okay. I stuck them on Retro Garden and it gets a few hits. I usually put one after every game review and it seems to get a little bit.

It's not enough to live on, but it does cover most of my christmas shopping each year :)

I get about 6% buy rates with this script http://www.mrrat.com/scripts.html the problem is getting people to the script site. Google hit these cookie cutter scripts quite hard recently to put this in perspective I made nearly £200 in December 06 and only £26 last quarter...

banners
Back