The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

All Important Anchor Text in Backlinks for SEO

genuwine4532

affiliate
Backlinks = SERPS and Higher Page Rank

One big component of Internet Marketing is Search Engine Opimization (SEO), which is basically optimizing your website to rank in natural search engine results with both on-site and off-site techniques, and a big part of Off-Site Search Engine Optimization is an effective link building campaign.

Backlinks to your site from relevant quality sites are essential for Page Rank (Google invented way to rank authority of websites, ranges from 0-10, 10 being highest) and Search Engine Page Results Positions (SERPS). The more backlinks you have the higher you will climb in SERPS and the higher your Page Rank will be.

Backlink Anchor Text:

Anchor text is the words visible in the hyperlink of your backlink.

Here is HTML code to backlinks with anchor text:

<a href=?http://yourdomaindotcom?> KEYWORDS = ANCHOR TEXT</a>

The anchor text you choose in your link building efforts is crucial because this gives Google (and all search engines) relevancy for your websites and the keywords you want to rank for in SERPS

The ?rule of relevancy? is where the anchor text gives Google relevance for your site for respective keywords and associates your sites with those keywords and the more backlinks you have with those keywords in the anchor the higher in SERPS you will climb.

So basically the way to rank in SERPS for your keywords is to use them in your anchor text.

For example, if I want my website to show up in search engine results for the KW ?cheap laptop computers? I will put that as my anchor text when I build links.

This anchor text method should be used in all your link building efforts and for all the KW that you want to rank for.

Just make sure to vary the anchor text in different links by adding other words so the linking looks more natural. For example, Buy Cheap Laptop Computers, Joe?s Cheap Laptop Computers, Cheap Laptop Computers for Sale etc?as long as those keywords are there.

After google notice and corrected for google bowling, anchor text only works on relevant landing pages. Remeber the Bush = Failure. It is not there any more.

After google notice and corrected for google bowling, anchor text only works on relevant landing pages. Remeber the Bush = Failure. It is not there any more.

Not exactly true.

Type in "click here" into google.

The term "click here" doesn't appear a single time on the page of the number 1 result.

Yes, it's better to have a relevant landing page, but anchor text still works.

Not exactly true.

The term "click here" doesn't appear a single time on the page of the number 1 result.

Of course it does without the proper anchor text, there is no chance of ranking high for your keywords, maybe some flukes out there, but they are very rare. Anchor is key!!

Not exactly true.

Re check it. Both terms appeared. Please check the page source.

Pumps, the adobe site was number 1, but that has changed over the last week, and it may be just a shakeup in the serps and will likely be back within 48 hours. But this is the page they are talking about, and it will go back up. Adobe - Adobe Reader so, please find "click here" in the page or source code . If you check the Cache, it even says that it ranks for the term because of links.

Next is you do not have an understanding of google bowling since it has nothing to do with anchor text, that is buying lot's of site wide links and building links on a competetiors website and tripping a filter to get it punished. You were refering to google bombing, not bowling, but this is the basis of link popularity, so why would google do anything about it?

Need to do some more homework.

Next, the "miserable failure" thing, Google did not change it, the white house did. Here is the old file extention of the page where G.W.'s page was that ranked for miserable failure whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

His new page is whitehouse.gov/president/

So, Google did nothing, the whitehouse changed it because Google would not take it down. ( I will put it back up once he leaves office :) )

So, Google did nothing. You are working solely on assumptions, not facts.

ROB_TID and genuwine4532 gave you 100% accurate information.

Great post and oh so true. Anchor text is more important than I think many realize. It also doesn't hurt to vary it from time to time, again, to appear more natural.

MI
Back