The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Alert: Short URLs may lead to malware

This is very interesting!!
this is the first time I hear or read about such a thing..

we have to me more aware about url then...

thanks a lot for sharing this useful information with us..

There's always threats like this on the internet so being protected against them by running URL content filtering, Email filtering and Email security can prevent them from wreaking havoc on your computer network.

Recently the lower house of the Japanese Parliament confirmed that their computer system was infected with malware and at least 480 staff members were monitored by it for at least a month. They sourced the attack to China and speculate that the information collected was designed to collect info on politics, foreign affairs and defense policy.

Point being, the best offense is the best defense - especially as it relates to sensitive data.

I was not aware that scammers had taken to using URL shorteners to attack/infect individuals. What I cannot fathom, though, is why so many individuals continue to open emails from a) individuals they do not know or b) that do not come from official email addresses or better yet, are not sent within the account. Bank will send you messages there, and no reputable institution will require users to provide sensitive info via email. it's just not safe.

Yet everyday, countless people fall for the same "My dad is a doctor/king/rebel/political dissident who has stashed a ton of money and I want to share it you" type scams.

In hindsight, I blame Ed McMahon and the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes for making everyone want to be a millionaire:)

It isn't just URL shorteners, either. There have been recent reports that malcontents are also using QR codes to spread viruses and malware, so be aware!

One way to combat against people clicking on infected transmissions is stopping them from being delivered to their inboxes in the first place. This can be done using a cloud based Saas solution that scans for viruses, malware and phishing attempts and quarantines them from being delivered. In addition to removing these types of threats from inboxes, it also reduces the amount of time you spend sorting and deleting Email that isn't important.

It's also worth noting that many of these scams are actually run by cybercriminals - not just some guy that wants you to buy diet pills or whatever.

MI
Back