The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliates

elly

affiliate
Hi,
i wanted to join an affiliate program that allows me to sell products...I want to develop a site have the look and feel of the sites to whom i am affiliated with...for example....if i am affiliated to a site that sells books..i want to put the graphic of the book on my website and link it to the selling site...simply make a carbon copy of the products that the site sells and put it on my site...

Any help will be highly appreciated..

Thanks..

I would start by right-clicking and choosing "view source." Then paste that into your own HTML document, be sure to customize it so that you're not ripping off your merchant, and insert your own products, logo, etc.

Hi Elly,
Welcome to the forums - I hope you are making yourself quite comfortable around here :).

If I read your question correctly, you want to incorporate the products of your affiliate merchant into your website similarly to how they do?

iReef posted one possible way of doing so, but you have to be extremely careful using this method. If you do not change the design enough, you could get in trouble for copyright infringement (see the DMCA - PDF). So, it's very important that you do change the design if you decide on this method.

Another method would be to have a website template designed for the homepage, category, and individual product pages. Copy the graphics from the merchant website, along with the product descriptions, and paste them into your templates.

If you're going to be doing the sites yourself, it truly does help if you have some knowledge of HTML/CSS - otherwise you could hire someone to provide similar services (consider scriptlance).

I hope that gives you some ideas and if you have any other questions, we're always welcome to help :).

~ Teli

Affiliate

Thanks guys for the reply....i really found ya reply quite helpful..i am working as a webmaster by profession so there is no technical problem..is there any chance that u guys know any particular online business that will allow me to sell their products online...and make commisions for selling their products....cheers...

Thanks

Elly

Take a look at Commission Junction and RegNow - I've just started a trial site at www.top-40.net. In my experience the sites only expect you to display a button and not to replicate their look and feel so you may find that making the connection is easy - actually setting up each product will take initiative and effort.

Do we get to have a sneak preview once you have a few products added?

affilate

U have got a great site sarah....i just emailed one of the companies and they have given me permission to put their products on my website...In fact their admin control panel has the feature to generate a catalog page which will feature their products and i can copy paste the codes in my website...i will try a test run and see how it works...i am in the process of getting my website ready and get it moving...I will inform u when i am ready...cheers

Thanks

Elly

elly said: "In fact their admin control panel has the feature to generate a catalog page which will feature their products and i can copy paste the codes in my website"

Hi elly - be aware if it's just a really short snippet of code then its probably Javascript which wont help you much as far as getting traffic from the search engines. But then again you don't have to worry about getting banned for duplicate content either.

Sarah, your site looks great! You are off to a good start.

infin8, thanks for linking to the Shopster thread and don't worry I'm very lenient here except for blatant spam. I think you can still get into Shopster. If you need help or have questions just contact James, he's very helpful!

MI
Back