The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliates: Time to Draw a Line in the Sand

Linda Buquet

affiliate
It's hard to summarize this post because there is so much to it.
So just trust me when I say it's worth a read.

It's ends up talking about a BLIND affiliate that is going to be interviewed and how after you hear his story you really can't make any excuses for not making your affiliate business work.

<a href="http://www.thelazymarketer.com/blog/2010/01/12/its-time-to-draw-a-line-in-the-sand/">It?s Time to Draw a Line in the Sand?</a>

So I?m going to be pretty honest and direct in this post.

And it?s probably going to offend a lot of people. But hopefully the end result is that, for a small few, reading this is what will make all the difference...

But for every email I get like that, I get probably TEN like this?

???????????

?Hi Chris,

It?s been 3 weeks now and I?m STILL not making any money with my 3-page site with terrible content that I?ve spent 5 minutes on and built 1 link for!

I really needed to make $20,000 by next weekend so I could pay off all my unsecured consumer debt and that really expensive seminar I just attended.

What a scam. I want a refund!

(So I can buy even more marketing courses from some other guy and refund those, too!)

Sincerely,

Mr. Delusional?

???????????

(Yes, I added a slight trace of sarcasm added for ?effect? - but that?s the underlying reality of the situation in almost every case.)

Go read the rest, it's a good one!

I've had the pleasure of emailing back and forth with Chris, he's a good guy with content that oozes quality.

His ebooks are some of the ONLY ones I recommend to aspiring affiliates (or some seasoned ones).

Good reference Linda.

That's a fantastic post! Thanks Linda.

I wish more people would call out the self-stylized gurus for causing such problems in what could be a really fantastic industry. It seems that affiliate marketing has been invaded by sophists who have successfully convinced people to create trashy websites, dishonest PPC campaigns, and worthless web content. Now the industry has a bad name, web users are frustrated with the amount of trash online, and Google has come to dislike the largest client base it has- and I can't blame them for it.

Sorry- bit of a rant- but it's time for some honesty in this industry.

banners
Back