The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate programs or just build my own website? Advice please

Callie

affiliate
Hi all

I’ve been reading a lot about affiliate programs and I’m a little confused (lack of experience sorry)

My question is can I just build my own website, contact brands and sign up to them, and use their link on my site or do I need something else?

My intention is to do the website and contact said companies, but am I missing something here or are affiliate programs just an alternative, any help would be appreciated and excuse the naivety of the question please as I’m completely new to this and trying to find my way through it all

Many thanks

What *brands* and what website?

Building a website that is just an ad billboard is a waste of time.

Many brands have strange affiliate fantasies too ... Like CNN or some biggie will be begging to become their affiliate -- too funny.

Establishing a website that is of value and is merchantable is no easy task these days. A obscure WordPress blog is not a website of any consequence. If you cannot spend the time and money to develop a *website* with a few thousand real visits a day (or 5,000 BS paid traffic visits a day that register as better than a bounce) you may very well hit a brick wall with that approach, IMHO ...

If by website you mean a reference website ... I exist and have a business email --no nobody@gmail or @outlook that might take a day ;)

First of all, there are affiliate networks, and then there are affiliate programs.

Affiliate Networks

Affiliate networks are websites that contain thousands of affiliate programs inside them and you can join these affiliate networks and chose any affiliate program you want to promote, pick the link to the program and promote it. Example are shareasale, MaxBounty, CommissionJunction, Mobidea, JVZoo CPAGrip , etc.

Affiliate Programs

Affiliate programs are programs created by business websites where they pay you to bring them a customer or a prospective or potential customer (someone who is likely to be their customer in the future).

Some business websites run their affiliate program through affiliate networks which means you have to join these affiliate networks, find their affiliate program, copy the link and promote.

However, some business websites run their affiliate program privately on their website, and you can just sign up directly on their website login and pick your referral/affiliate link and start promoting. You don't need to join affiliate networks to promote them.

Should You Build Your Own Website And Contact Brands Or Just Join Affiliate Programs
Yes, by all means please build your own website and take it serious. It is not compulsory but it is very necessary. You need to do both. Build your own website and join affiliate programs.

Affiliate marketing is a business. What makes you excel in affiliate marketing is building trust, and to build trust, you have to build your brand.

Your website is your official home where anyone can find you online, and build trust with you. You can't build your brand without a website. To build brand and build trust into it, you need to collect leads (emails of people who are interested in the product you are promoting). These are the people you have to build trust with. Some people call them email list.

Without building a brand and trust, you are going to be doing affiliate marketing with luck, just random clicks here and there, and less likely to convert.

When building email list, please target top tier countries. They convert better. When you collect leads, you need to be very honest and helpful to them. First, you need to understand these people and their needs, then you need to carefully recommend to them the product you really think is the best for them, with reasons why you think it is the best.

Some of these people are constant users of a type of product, so if you build trust with them, you can get recurring commissions without even promoting more. This is where affiliate marketing is sweet.

Finally
You can join and promote affiliate programs without a website as long as you don't go against their terms and conditions. You can promote on social networks, groups, forums, YouTube, emails, and more. But having a website and building your brand with trust is the best way to go. You can add these other methods of promotion as extra.

And lastly a gift. Find high paying affiliate programs to promote from here High Paying Affiliate Programs - Best Affiliate Program Directory :D:D:D

Bonus.
If you want to build your website, I can do that perfectly for you if you need me to.

Hi thanks for the replies

I intend to build a website that gives value, I am new to this but I do know I can’t just post a page of links and expect to make money, if only

I think between you my question has been answered so thanks for that,

@PaidPoints, what kind of cost to build the site?

Hi thanks for the replies

I intend to build a website that gives value, I am new to this but I do know I can’t just post a page of links and expect to make money, if only

I think between you my question has been answered so thanks for that,

@PaidPoints, what kind of cost to build the site?

Everything including hosting for 1 year, .com domain name for 1 year, setting up the site and maybe few other services will cost $50 only.

There are like 2 BILLION websites on the Internet and 1.9 Billion are specks in that sand. Basically unseen.
The top 400,000 matter, the rest IDK the only one that is making money is the webhost/datacenter. registrars and registries.
This is not said in discouragement --only said to point out the importance of topic and strategy.
Organic traffic and it's monetization are possible -- but 98% will fail -- have a plan and a pivot strategy to jump to when Plan *A* is a FAIL.

I would try social media and buying ads and promoting products (offers) with simple landing pages. Unless you are a
über-developer or can afford to hire the best.

Yes, for a blog or a landing page or even a classified ads site. What type of website do you want?

I would like it to be a 3 page site with a lot of information and advice, it’ll be quite in-depth , to be honest I would like to build it myself if I can as I want this venture to be all me, but of course I will happily take advice on pointers along the journey.

I will keep in mind what you have offered and may refer back to you in the future if that’s ok (when I mess it up ) :)

I would like it to be a 3 page site with a lot of information and advice, it’ll be quite in-depth , to be honest I would like to build it myself if I can as I want this venture to be all me, but of course I will happily take advice on pointers along the journey.

I will keep in mind what you have offered and may refer back to you in the future if that’s ok (when I mess it up ) :)
Sure! You can build it by yourself if you can. I'll then focus on promoting my blog dbundus and my gpt website PaidPoints. I barely have time, It's all based on assistance, but of course I had to put a price tag.

Just message me if you have any questions. Giving you directions woun't cost you anything at all because I am blogger and that's what I do. But If I will help you to build the site by myself, then I must put a price just to make it look legit.

Sure! You can build it by yourself if you can. I'll then focus on promoting my blog dbundus and my gpt website PaidPoints. I barely have time, It's all based on assistance, but of course I had to put a price tag.

Just message me if you have any questions. Giving you directions woun't cost you anything at all because I am blogger and that's what I do. But If I will help you to build the site by myself, then I must put a price just to make it look legit.

Thank you, that’s a very kind offer, I really appreciate it

Thank you, that’s a very kind offer, I really appreciate it
Welcome. That's what I am here for. You can also help me by using my referral link when you want to pay for hosting. I will get commissions for that, but it woun't cost you anything extra.

You just tell me the hosting company you want to use, I will sign up for their affiliate program and give you my referral link. That's all. If you want to help me with that just let me know so that I can message you.

Welcome. That's what I am here for. You can also help me by using my referral link when you want to pay for hosting. I will get commissions for that, but it woun't cost you anything extra.

You just tell me the hosting company you want to use, I will sign up for their affiliate program and give you my referral link. That's all. If you want to help me with that just let me know so that I can message you.

Sounds good to me, I’ll let you know when the site is ready, may take a while but I will come back to you.

i suggest you start from here
and once you finish and you still have questions feel free to ask .
and good luck with your journey.

banners
Back