The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Affiliate Manger - Also An Afflliate???????

ladybear

affiliate
What is your opinion on this?
Would you be comfortable working for a merchant when you find out the Affiliate Manager of their company is also an affiliate?

I want to get the feelings of other affiliates on this matter.

Your opinions are appreciated.
What would also help is if you could provide how long you have been working as an active affiliate.

Thanks in advance for you opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ladybear,

I've been involved in some discussions on this matter. I think most people feel that for an affiliate manager to also have experience as an affiliate is a good thing. Also most feel pretty OK with the AM being a current affiliate for OTHER programs but not for the program they manage. Most affiliates I thing would feel this gives the manager an unfair advantage due to access to what all the other affiliates are doing.

I'm just sharing what others have said, in summary form.
Anyone want to weigh in on this from your own perspective?

I think that's this matter depands at the merchant policy but for sure I don't like it ,actually this kind of affiliate managers aren't doing so much but getting paid over the hard work that the real affiliates are doing..

Linda Buquet said:
Hi ladybear,

I've been involved in some discussions on this matter. I think most people feel that for an affiliate manager to also have experience as an affiliate is a good thing.

That's a great point! Gives food for thought... Maybe it is really worth trying what I offer other people...

I agree that a good affiliate manager must know what works and wat does not. It helps them to know what to offer affiliates and how to best help them.

I agree that there could be a conflict of interest in many cases and I believe the point was brought up with all of those account managers over at CJ recently. However, if the AM is a pro, they will want the program to do well with a large number of producing affiliates and to preserve good relationships with their affiliates. It would not really be in their best interest to compromise the trust of the merchants and the affs in the long run.

I purposely DON"T join the programs I manage, because I believe it is a conflict of interest. I build support sites for the programs, but there is no affiliate earnings involved there.

(If anyone wants some good tips on how to make money from travel insurance programs, I am your man!) ;)

However, I am an affiliate in other markets.

salvo said:
That's great. Are you tracking performance to see what is converting?

Absolutely! I spend a lot of time on the stats to see what is working and what isn't.

Of course, I will only share those tidbits with my serious affiliates. ;)

thats actually the question I was myself interested in :)

I was always wondering if the affiliate managers at azoogle and incentaclick are getting any % of the earnings of the accounts they manage.. may be someone could answer that :p

whats kinds of other markets?

Rob_TID said:
I purposely DON"T join the programs I manage, because I believe it is a conflict of interest. I build support sites for the programs, but there is no affiliate earnings involved there.

(If anyone wants some good tips on how to make money from travel insurance programs, I am your man!) ;)

However, I am an affiliate in other markets.

hey !!

I would like to know if you are involved at the forex market as well ?

if you do ? I may have an intesting deal for you...

MI
Back