The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate link theft

Wuu

affiliate
Hi folks,

1. How do we detect Affiliate link theft and What is the best way to prevent Affiliate Link theft?

Many thanks!

Hi Wuu, what do you mean by affiliate link theft?
Cause if anyone grabs your link and decides to drive traffic there, you are the one who benefits. Affiliate links are unique, they include information about your account in the affiliate network/program you are using.

This is an old post of mine that was accidentally deleted ...
Good subject.
The answer is use some form of redirection -- a server rewrite or a PHP script that is mapped to the correct URL destination.

Affiliate URLs have no positive SEO -- so make them pretty links.

if your asking what I think your asking then get a cloaking plugin and just use that. From the research I did hacker or what not can swap out your affiliate links with their own and steal your commissions. I don't know how common this is but I'd rather not find out.

look up a tutorial video on how to use them. I use pretty links but thirsty affiliates is usually rated #1 Here's the link for thirstyAffiliates- Cloak Affiliate Links in WordPress – ThirstyAffiliates

(See how the link isn't long with specific affiliate numbers that's because it is cloaked)

pretty links is here -https://wordpress.org/plugins/pretty-link/

(see the difference)

i was going to try it but i already had the pretty links knowledge down so i stuck with that. they have free and paid versions the paid is obviously better and recommended.

Hope this helps Good Luck

MI
Back