The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliate Fraud - How the Industry Is Dealing With It

Linda Buquet

affiliate
This article goes in-depth into the ways that affiliate fraud hurts both merchants and affiliates and what the industry is doing about it. As some of you may know I am currently the victim of affiliate fraud and have blogged about it. Someone has been signing up for affiliate programs and networks using all my personal info, my good name and 5 Star reputation fraudulently. Then once they are approved they change the payee address. Below is a good article about the problem from eCommerceTimes.

"In the e-Commerce world, Affiliate Fraud is defined as "Bogus or unlawful activity generated by an affiliate in an attempt to make money." While SPAM generally angers consumers and click fraud is more geared toward the merchant, affiliate fraud causes casualties on both sides of the industry, affecting both affiliates and merchants. Frauds steal from merchants by generating false leads or sales. They also cripple affiliates by stealing their traffic via replacing their affiliate IDs in links, so that when a buyer completes a transaction, the credit for that transaction goes to the thief and not the actual affiliate who worked so hard to acquire that buyer. These traffic stealers are also known as parasites."

Read the rest here: E-Commerce News: E-Marketing : How the Affiliate Marketing Industry Is Dealing With Fraud

Then come back here to discuss it.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for linking to the article. Sorry to hear about your run-in with these folks. I hope the good AMs out there help you catch these folks and shut them down.

Frauds steal from merchants by generating false leads or sales

A good way to escape such troubles is to use phone confirmation services -- there are quite a lot of them, webmster is just to choose the most suitable for him. Link to one of such companies is in my sig.

MI
Back