The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Adwords Bounce Rates and Daily Budget

surreypcsupport

affiliate
Adwords constantly winds me up and I end up pausing the campaigns because I always feel like I'm being ripped off.

Bounce rates for CPC are about 80% but organic is about 22%. My daily budget is £1.02 for my current campaign and yet today I've spent £1.20 (+VAT).

Looks like I'm gonna stick with organic and simply miss out on the small amount of business I get through Adwords.

I have tried adwords for my golf business as well, I fell exactly the same way, my budget was a bit more than your but I don't quite make the money I send on adsense back.

I know some people who swear by adsense though but so far I am yet to come across a small business that uses adsense for years, they tend to use it for a few months and then pack it up.

I'm sticking with it for the time being. It is bringing me customers. I just worry about the damage to my rankings caused by high bounce rates. For this reason I may periodically pause my adwords campaigns to allow my bounce rates to recover.

I have tried adwords for my golf business as well, I fell exactly the same way, my budget was a bit more than your but I don't quite make the money I send on adsense back.

I know some people who swear by adsense though but so far I am yet to come across a small business that uses adsense for years, they tend to use it for a few months and then pack it up.

Are you talking about doing Google arbitrage?

Surreypcsupport how do the Search Engines know what your bounce rate is? What evidence do you have for this?

Tony

Are you talking about doing Google arbitrage?

Surreypcsupport how do the Search Engines know what your bounce rate is? What evidence do you have for this?

Tony

If you use Google Analytics then Google are able to use the information it generates and bounce rates are part of that.

Theoretically this is true, but they would have to assume that the bounce rate target is the same for all sites. If you have a product review site you want a high bounce rate as ideally you want someone to quickly read the review and click on your affiliate link i.e. you actually want a high bounce rate.

How would they deal with non analytic sites?

Not convinced

Tony

Theoretically this is true, but they would have to assume that the bounce rate target is the same for all sites.

Why would they have to assume the target bounce rate is the same for all sites? They could vary the target bounce rate depending on the type of content if they wish. They have the technology :)

How would they deal with non analytic sites?

I was only referring to sites with analytics however, it is still possible they could interpret bounces if someone clicks through to a particular site from their SERPs and then makes another search request immediately after. Maybe they would consider anything less than 5 seconds as a bounce. Just an idea.

Adwords constantly winds me up and I end up pausing the campaigns because I always feel like I'm being ripped off.

Bounce rates for CPC are about 80% but organic is about 22%. My daily budget is £1.02 for my current campaign and yet today I've spent £1.20 (+VAT).

Looks like I'm gonna stick with organic and simply miss out on the small amount of business I get through Adwords.

maybe your keywords are not targeted enough, maybe your landing page is awfull or great. There are many things to consider but usually PPC traffic is very good and highly targeted. Again, it depends on how you set up your campaign.

Im having problems with adwords as well, i have a higher budget over £10 a day and still adwords is not working, just hard finding cheaper keywords, as one keyword for my business area was as high as £51 per CLICK. thats bloody insane. Ahh well, just have to do more keyword analysis in a heavily competitive area.

WOW, thats a lot, what word was that for? Im trying to deal with this issue at the moment that whichever words i pick are just above the clients budget, or would allow 2 clicks a day sort of thing. there is bound to be a solution somewhere though

I'm having the same problems.

I have a few ads running, and the CTR on them varies, but the position is about 8 or 9. Some of the keywords are up to £0.60, which is not something I'm willing to pay for a person who visits just to look at my stock. :boiling:

The one major thing that annoys me about Google is it allows wealthy competitors to smash the competition with one go. My competition can afford to waste £100 a day on kicking me off the page, while I struggle to pay £0.60 in the mere HOPE that someone will then buy something.

It's an elitist world, controlled by the wealthy, and Google is no different.

If you're not getting the positions in Adwords it's usually not because of the bid. More likely to be the result of poor relevancy on the landing page or poor click thru rates for the ad/ad group/campaign.

You have think of it from Google's point of view. Here's what I mean

advertiser a - £1.00 bid & 5% ctr = £5.00 profit for Google from 100 impressions.

advertiser b = £0.50 bid & 15% ctr = £7.50 profit for Google from 100 impressions.

Which ad do you think will gain the higher position? Advertiser b of course.

so guys are you suggesting that adwords is not good for small business, i have never used it before but hoping to use it in near future, so any comment will be great

banners
Back