The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Advantages of Inhouse Affiliate Manager

perdant44

affiliate
Hello. I am new to the Affiliate world and reading this forum has been a lot of help and inspiration to me. I would welcome any advice on the following. What are the advantages for a Merchant to have a dedicated Affiliate Manager? I know that you don't have to work specifically for one merchant but from the Merchant's point of view, why have a Affiliate Manager and how do they get paid?

I'm surprised I beat all the OPM's to answering this post :)

I guess it depends on how important your online marketing/affiliate channel is to you.

If you're a brick-and-mortar type merchant or your online business ins't a big revenue gainer for you, you'd have to weigh the benefits of paying an AM full time over putting your program on autopilot. Just don't expect a ton of results.

If you're an online merchant that relies heavily on online commerce, however, you're going to want an AM to help you develop and strengthen your relationships with online marketers. Good affiliates have the potential to drive significant amounts of traffic, and having a person committed to this position can help you make the most of these relationships to be able to maximize your site's reach, traffic, and sales.

AM's generally make a base salary plus commission on products sold or sales volume.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for being the first person to answer my question. I am new to this whole "Affiliate World" but like it very much. In some of my reading I have seen where merchants had their own exclusive Affiliate Manager and yet most Affiliates are independent. Just wanted to see what the difference was. :)

Perdant44

banners
Back