The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Adult Email Marketing

Matt Smith

Bulk Emailing At Its Finest
Hey everyone

I have noticed a lot of people talking about how bulk email senders will not allow them to run their adult campaigns, which I find extremely odd?
With certain tweaks I don't see what the issue is? I work with a lot of adult affiliates and as long as we stay in certain guide lines we have no problems getting these emails out.
So I was wondering why are some of you having issues? do you see any common reasons why those platforms wont allow you to use them?

With certain tweaks I don't see what the issue is? I work with a lot of adult affiliates and as long as we stay in certain guide lines we have no problems getting these emails out.

Are you able to say what tweaks/guidelines would make it easier? Or is that too general a question?

Are you able to say what tweaks/guidelines would make it easier? Or is that too general a question?
When it comes to content of the newsletters some email marketing companies care what is in the news letter, I can only talk on our behalf. But we don't care where the links go the only thing we care about is the pictures on the news letters as long as they are not exposed body parts we don't care about anything else, I know some platforms dont allow even the links which we allow we just don't allow "XXX" pictures on the news letter it self. So my suggestion would be don't have those pictures, only have the "XXX" content in the link

If you email to or from the US you are classified as poison; for mainly two reasons.
  1. prudish attitudes of lawmakers and regulators
  2. adult industry abusive practices using loosely regulated servers in world-wide locations
Other nations have adopted similar laws ...

CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business (near bottom)
>>>
Q. Are there separate rules that apply to sexually explicit email?
A. Yes, and the FTC has issued a rule under the CAN-SPAM Act that governs these messages. Messages with sexually oriented material must include the warning “SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT:” at the beginning of the subject line. In addition, the rule requires the electronic equivalent of a “brown paper wrapper” in the body of the message. When a recipient opens the message, the only things that may be viewable on the recipient’s screen are:

1. the words “SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT:”; and
  2. the same information required in any other commercial email: a disclosure that the message is an ad, the sender’s physical postal address, and the procedure for how recipients can opt out of receiving messages from this sender in the future.
No graphics are allowed on the “brown paper wrapper.” This provision makes sure that recipients cannot view sexually explicit content without an affirmative act on their part – for example, scrolling down or clicking on a link. However, this requirement does not apply if the person receiving the message has already given affirmative consent to receive the sender’s sexually oriented messages.

<<<

MI
Back