The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Addiction advertsing

schleprock

I build a site some time ago around addiction. I originally built it for Adsense. About a month ago I decided to try pay per call on it and none of the major advertisers will have me.
I am no a facility, only a lead generator, so unless I am certified by LegitScript I cannot advertise on Bing, Google, or Facebook.
At present, recovery residences and lead generators are not eligible for LegitScript certification. (“Recovery residences” is not to be confused with “residential treatment centers,” which are fine.) We define these terms as:​

I am going to try some Push advertising from ZeroPark I think. They have a CPC programs so that might work. I need somewhat targeted traffic.

Any other ideas?

I would suggest that you create a thread in the Business Centre, let the traffic networks come to you. The ones that allow PPCall ads will let you know that you can use their platform to promote your site/niche for leads.

That is the of problem of directive v. creative advertising

Creating a referral from an ad that is not 'targeted' is going to be a very uphill battle.

The real problem is that these ad resources have decided that affiliate marketing of *addiction treatment/counseling/rehab* is a reputation management issue for them --bottom line.

I was pretty pissed off about it at first because the whole site is worthless now
BUT
if people were disreputable IM's were ripping off folks who need help, it is good that they were stopped.

I am thinking of trying some ZeroPark PPC stuff, maybe with the minumum 200 deposit to see what happens.

I could also re-purpose the domain, so instead of ragingalcoholic.com being about rehab it could be about something else, something that I can generate income with, or I can put it on some cheapo shared hosting and just leave it there.

A site named Raging Alcoholic could be about wild partying as easily as it could be about getting sober. I did, however, make it because I was getting sober. (I wanted to put Adsense on it at that time) On the other hand, just because I had a problem with booze doesn't mean that anyone else does.

If ZeroPark doesn't work, what else could I do with it. Any ideas?

this thing is kind of my "baby" but I also don't want to let it sit and rot. I want to get something out of it.

I know a lot about PTSD too. I could use it for that, it has decent PA and DA, lots of backlinks. BUt any sort of treatments like that will also soon be restricted too.

(this is a vulnerable population, as much as it is screwing me over right now, I am glad someone is trying to protect them from bad guys)

Thanks Graybeard
Azgold, I will head over to the traffic center now and take a look.

I knew I shouldn't just have a temper tantrum without coming here and seeing what can be done to minimize the damage. Thanks for helping

Edit........
That bring me to a second question Raging Alcoholic is about 100+ pages. When people build niche sites now do they just build a 4 or 5 page site and send traffic to it. My question is, do I need a big site or can I just find a good offer, build a landing page, and send traffic.

Last edited:
Have you checked ClickBank? They have addiction products that you could promote. I haven't checked them out to see if they're any good, just did a CB Marketplace search, got 212 results.

They have an addiction offer that is excellent, but does not sell. People go to the landing page, they even go to the order page, then they back away. (I can create a decent landing page to pre-sell people, but the sales video itself is long and by the end people are hesitant)
Also, the offer only pays about 24 dollars to me, so I can't afford to spend a lot to get the vistors there. A pay per call offer pays 425 dollars, so I can spend some money to get people to it.

I am reading Mobidea's site on CPA now, I may just wait on raging alcoholic and create a new landing page and run a completely different offer. (eventually this was going to happen anyway)

I feel ya man ...
You just want to do good by peeps but you need to make a livelihood (or make the website worthwhile somehow).

I would try to tie this site into a new site on some related topic that is not so hard to monetize.

Hey!
You can take push notifications as an additional source of income, thus x2 your revenue.
You can try EvaDav. We accept traffic with any geo and offer the highest conversion rate on the market.

Best regards,

EvaDav's team.

MI
Back