The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Account suspended?

memento_mori

affiliate
Has any of your social network account been suspended due to your activities? I've lost about a dozen of Yahoo Answers account that way when I just started.

No, I haven't.

I don't use any of mine in spammy ways, though. I use them all in very legit ways and only occasionally post links and whatnot.

I can see how losing a Yahoo Answers account would be pretty easy to do if you're only using it for promotion.

As Jessi mentions you are going to get your account suspended (on pretty much any site) if you post lots of spammy links.

I had my Twitter account suspended last year because I had set up a plugin on my blog to retweet links to my old posts and Twitter took exception to this. I removed the plugin and got told not to be a naughty boy again and allowed back in.

No, none of my social networking accounts have been suspended. I also don't use social networking to do anything spammy. It's just not worth it in the long term. I'm in business for the long haul.

YouTube seems to be very strict on advertising unless it is a very informative video. Same goes with Yahoo answers and their answers. That's all I've had issues with regarding social media.

YouTube seems to be very strict on advertising unless it is a very informative video. Same goes with Yahoo answers and their answers. That's all I've had issues with regarding social media.

I stopped using Yahoo Answers a few years ago as they have a lot of people who love going around and reporting people to make themselves feel important.

I've never lost an account but I can never seem to get an ad campaign to stick on projectwonderful.com, they keep telling me I'm linking to an affiliate site when it's my own site, lol. I add some tracking to my urls and they keep mistaking it for an affiliate link.

I don't set up campaigns with them very often but when I do I'd say that's a pain.

I cannot say this has happened. I would not know what to do if it did. I think like you I would attempt to start again. I guess this is the only thing you can do.

I stopped using Yahoo Answers a few years ago as they have a lot of people who love going around and reporting people to make themselves feel important.

It did happen a lot, I would often see like half a dozen of my answers reposted in a day, then I got smarter. Most of them reported one of my answers, then got on my account to find my other answers and report them, so I made my profile private and it didn't happen as much anymore. And to avoid having my account suspended, and thus all my past answers deleted, I now stop using my accounts once they reach level 3. Haven't had any issue since.

Ditto. I'd post a few answers with the same link, and usually be voted as best answer on one or two, and then get one of those self-important idiots report me for another. So I stopped posting there.

I lost a few Twitter accounts a couple of years back for 'aggressive automated following'. Apparently I was trying too hard to grow my followings.

Ditto. I'd post a few answers with the same link, and usually be voted as best answer on one or two, and then get one of those self-important idiots report me for another. So I stopped posting there.

I'm assuming you would post links that were helpful just like I did? Sometimes I didn't even own the sites and still got reported. Good luck to people who have and can make it work for them, I prefer to channel my energy into other areas.

Not only that, but competitors use the report button like crazy. Unless your extremely reputable and type 500+ words answers, you'll be reported.

There is actually an easy way to get around being reported
Appeal the decision. If you win not only will it increase your level of trustworthiness, but it will also lower that of the people that reported you. Once you do that, even if they report you, Yahoo! Answers won't give it much importance and your answers won't be deleted. Becoming a Top Contributor also helps, and is actually quite easy.

I didn't know it would lower their level of trustworthiness. That's worth keeping in mind.

Do you have any good tips for becoming a top contributor, memento? I didn't realize it was that easy...

I didn't know it would lower their level of trustworthiness. That's worth keeping in mind.

Do you have any good tips for becoming a top contributor, memento? I didn't realize it was that easy...

Choose your niche.
Find all unanswered questions within that niche.
Answer them, then vote for them. Thats easy Best Answers, and Best Answers = Top Contributor.

Answer them and then vote for them?

As in, you can vote for the answer from your own account? Or you need to be running multiple accounts and then voting up your other posts?

I use Answer Assault, however I use it for posting quickly, rather than spamming, which is basically what it is sold for. I rarely add links to my own sites, but when I do it is meaningful to the question, and every link YA is a good one.

Personally I have lost few Facebook accounts in the past. I didn’t understand the main reason behind this but whenever I asked them they could just reply that I was going too fast in adding more friends. But to me this isn’t wrong why are the friends suggested to you if you have not to add them. I think if I am not wrong that way they were quite wrong.

banners
Back