The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

ABUSED

mikong

affiliate
When can you say that sites in general has become too abusive. This may refer to their ability to influence and convince others that this idea is far more greater than the other. In another context, we may refer abusive as their ability to exploit the innocence of an individual. But on the contrary are there even any limits? You be the judge.

Many sites are abusive I think, and I have a really fresh example. I just recently registered at bidroop.com trying to make some money, but with time I'm beginning to realize all they want is for me to gather contacts for them. They want me to put 5 friends there, and after that, I will be eligible to "level 3 - profit" (still waiting to release). I think this is abusive, but I still have hope it's not a scam. If anyone wants to try out here's the code to access... v5iJoovw

Good thing you were able to get out form that. But, is there suppose to be a filter against those sites that is not legitimate. Because I was thinking in this modern day and age, scams should be easily detected, I mean we now have modern technologies and all. But it seems as we are improving, the "scammers" are also updating their "business" so to speak.

I don't think there is much a company can do that is too abusive within legal boundaries. It's a free market, and participants are responsible for knowing what he or she is getting into. Most laws will protect an individual from harm or getting scammed, but it can only do so much, especially online where the rules aren't as established.

I don't see how they can come up with filters for those sites because what you do there is your free will. You insert your data, you invite your friends, you do it all. It's a bit like fishing, you put a bait and wait for the fish to bite...

I think that there are many good websites and there are some really poor websites. Of course, it's an online thing so there are no labor board here to watch over their abuse. I get abuse at the biggest corporation in the world and so talking about some small company online is a sure thing. Yes, they're very abusive. I get abused a lot from users as well on some sites. I agree with you that most websites have the potential to abuse people and never help them and are very unfair. I was kick out at Myvegas for nothing. They say I have duplicate account when I never did and they couldn't prove it and just stop answering my emails which is very rude but I'm trying to talk to their boss now to get it resolved. I once was at Associated Content and the community there is one of the most abusive I've known. The women there are abused victims themselves cause I read their stories. They were battered women. They use to make fun of my articles and then leave nasty comments and then email the admin about me all the time. I eventually left and I'm so glad. Yes, there are many abusive sites online so beware.

Obviously, there will always be some unestablished websites claiming to be the "be all end all" for your money troubles or the "#1 authority in internet marketing" and other such garbage, but the legitimate companies who have thousands of reviews to back it up are not "abusive" in your definition of persuading people to purchase a service, because the act of persuasion is not inherently abusive.

It is abusive if a site were to persuade a viewer to purchase a sketchy product or service (as many scams do) and fail to fulfill their promises to a satisfactory level. Then, laws have been broken and, technically, one could take them to court and sue if their TOS is not robust enough. Even then, a clever lawyer can find a way to incur reimbursements for unaccounted damages in said TOS.

Being persuasive for the sake of marketing and being persuasive for the sake of scamming (read: "abuse") are two different things. Do not mix them into the same category, that is generalizing and is highly frowned upon.

If a product or service seems sketchy and you fail to heed the reviews on it, or you take a risk with a new service that may very well be extremely high risk for you, then you are the one at fault if they are not legitimate. As with all things on the internet, buyer beware.

I think some sites do take advantage of people or situations. But I see it more as websites that charge a ridiculous price for something. There are sites, though that also give people misleading information. They are then abusive to consumers in that way. Some sites work to convince someone they NEED a product that really has no use. I am not sure if that is abusive though. I think there can be a fine line between being good at promoting a product and misleading or taking advantage of consumers.

banners
Back